basketball recruiting - Class of 09, 10

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007
are we going after any big time recruits next year, or the next? the only prospects worth mentioning on scout are shaunessy smith (who may be big time) and jontaveous sulton (who i know nothing about). nothing listed for 2010.

anyone heard of any other big names that we're going after? i know jackson has some talent that are freshmen and sophomores, but who are we targeting? any chance we are on sidney's radar? (i'm still holding a little hope).

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007
I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that the '11 class will be incredible. There are loads of big-time freshmen across the state, which might make up for what looks to be a lackluster '10 class.

statefanjosh

Jan 25, 2008
From what I have heard Shaunessy Smith is pretty much a lock to sign. He is a regular at most home game's and is good friends with Osby.

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007
Ross from Callaway is a big-name recruit along with a teammate of his. Meridian has a freshman point guard who is already 6-5 and is getting attention and Brandon has a 6-9, 250 pound freshman who has averaged 15 and 12 this year.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
...at Mississippi Coliseum.

Ammons is very good. He's still learning (missed some dunks). I wouldn't be surprised if the Gators made more state tournament runs in the future.

Delmon Robinson (football signee for MSU) played for Vicksburg. I love his athleticism and quickness. He's too much in love with the bounce pass though.

rufc05

Feb 28, 2008
Isn't Rashanti Harris supposedly going Juco? If he does, that would add a high profile recruit that is very interested in either 09 or 10.

klong17

Feb 24, 2008
yes he is pretty much juco bound! he will be a big addition in a couple of years, if he doesn't declare for the draft by then.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Jackson's Young CBB Talent

I have seen Ross and Smith play for Callaway.
I was more impressed with the point guard, Smith.
He hustled on both ends of the court, was not scared to take it to the hole.
Ross has the talent, but looked lazy, no hustle or defense.