We had a terrible crowd tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
but there should have been more than 7500 there last night. I think 9000 should be the min for a weekday crowd considering where the team is. And I think that is part of the new ticket plan. And I love the new ticket plan - it's a way to generate more revenue.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Its Wednesday night prayer meeting. I guess that makes my dad a total sinner because he is the chairman of the deacons and was at the game.

If you are going to make excuses fine by me but don't get on your religious high horse.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
that there was a great student crowd? I guess maybe they didnt have church that night....yeah that must have been it.

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
Part of it is aholes like the person last week that said they let their tickets go unused because they don't want some random person sitting in their section next to their high class friends. It's that mentality that makes State fans mediocre. A real fan should want other fans in the seats whether they know them or not as long as that seat is not empty.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I majored in Civil Engineering and there is no way in hell I would have missed a Wednesday night game where the team could have clinched a division title. Hell, I stood outside in the cold on Monday morning in 2004 to get tickets to the UK game and then stood in line Tuesday afternoon to get a good seat, and this was at the front end of the SEC schedule.

About the Church thing, come on, don't insult our intelligence. There aren't that many student Hump regulars that are that devoted to Wednesday night church service.

graddawg

Jun 4, 2007
I was in that line as well but I don't remember it being that cold. Maybe it was the warm Maker's I was consuming. Needless to say I didn't go to class that day.

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
"There are few majors outside of architecture that require that much studying."

very true. i had a test today and still managed to get there for all 2 hours it took to watch the game. you would think that most people would go just to get a break from studying anyway.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
do whatever they want with the tickets they bought. You are absolutely right. We should only let people buy tickets that do with them what YOU want.

Good idea. I will stand in a very long line to spend my money on that.

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
It wasn't really the size of the crowd, it's how horrible it was. And most of them have sucked this year. The only decent crowd was Ole Miss, and that's because we all know beating Ole Miss is the only thing that should matter, right?

Is it too much to ask that people cheer for longer than 5 seconds when the team is on a run and the bench and Rowdies are begging you to get up? If you're not going to make noise and you leave every game early, why even bother? Just save us all the time and get the hell out.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
Do what I say or get the hell out!!!!

Who made you the king of this outfit?

I think you should spend your time hollering at the ref over bad calls like I do or you should get the hell out. How about that?

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
That time of the month?

I'm asking that fans act like, oh I don't know, fans? From my lovely top row seats, it's easy to see that most people sit on their hands most of the game. I'm not asking we all turn into the Cameron Crazies, just a little bit more cheering during a run or two wouldn't hurt.

But I'm sorry this mindset so deeply offends you.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
They aren't going to sue you. They are just going to call you an *******. You have to do exactly what they want you to do.

These include:
1. Yelling when they want you to yell.
2. Telling other people to yell when they tell you to.
3. Give away the ticket that you bought to someone else, anyone else of their choosing -- as long as the recipient also does what they want.
4. Not leaving early. Because, as you know, use of your time is subject to their approval.
5. Generally emulating the big girl on the front row of Rick's Rowdies. That's the model for how you should act. I think she found an extra brownie or two in the hair of little girl sitting next to her. Incendtly, little girl next to big girl = making the space work out.
6. Dont buy tickets unless you are going to use them every single game.
7. Don't bring your kid with you to your premium seats. Hell, they didn't pay the money and they don't deserve to sit there. They keep other people from having tickets. You *******.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Don't bring your kid with you to your premium seats. Hell, they didn't pay the money and they don't deserve to sit there. They keep other people from having tickets. You asshole_________________________________________________
Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.