2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Following the new reel on the wnba league pass page, the word from the Pheonix beat writers is Kiki is now considered one of their top 8 players and should expect to see considerable minutes throughout the season

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆ
Your’s was the 10,000th post in this thread! What an accomplishment for all those who love Gamecock WBB.
In appreciation The staff at Gamecock Central will be giving you…… A free year? No…. One of their coveted hats? No. Their thanks and appreciation? No. A meet and greet with Dawn Staley? NO? Chris Wellbaum? NO! TN-Gamecock, the starter of the thread? Probably Not. Another SEC AND NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? WELL I HOPE SO!

HAPPY HOOPS TO ALL WHO HAVE POSTED ON AND READ THIS THREAD!
πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Last edited:

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 β€’ Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Anybody see the Omaha Production of "Full Court Press" on ABC yesterday (and concluding today)? An in-depth look of the 2024 WBB season focusing in on Caitlin Clark, Kamilla Cardoso, and Kiki Rice. Very good documentary with lots of behind the scenes footage, surprisingly including a lot in Kamilla's home town in Brazil and how she grew up. Very emotional in parts to see the sacrifices she made to get to where she is now.
Highly recommended.
I loved it! The parts about kamilla’s family were very emotional! It is Caitlyn Clark heavy but she is one of the producers so I guess I expected that. I do wonder how they chose the other 2 players. So happy that Kamilla was one of them though!

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 β€’ Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
I loved it! The parts about kamilla’s family were very emotional! It is Caitlyn Clark heavy but she is one of the producers so I guess I expected that. I do wonder how they chose the other 2 players. So happy that Kamilla was one of them though!
According to some Iowa fans, this was supposed to be Clark only but she wanted to include other players. Hats off to her if this is true. It would have been annoying to be all about Clark. Kiki Rice was the least interesting choice of all. Just a typical player. Lauren Betts would have been much more intriguing. She probably didn't want to share her personal struggles but I think it would have been very enlightening to show another side of the pressures of playing at the collegiate level. I've read some of the things about her life. Just like Kamilla, she was bullied about her height and dealt with depression and isolation. There were some hints that this was a reason she needed to step away from basketball for awhile. Lots of pressure on these young women.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 β€’ Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
According to some Iowa fans, this was supposed to be Clark only but she wanted to include other players. Hats off to her if this is true. It would have been annoying to be all about Clark. Kiki Rice was the least interesting choice of all. Just a typical player. Lauren Betts would have been much more intriguing. She probably didn't want to share her personal struggles but I think it would have been very enlightening to show another side of the pressures of playing at the collegiate level. I've read some of the things about her life. Just like Kamilla, she was bullied about her height and dealt with depression and isolation. There were some hints that this was a reason she needed to step away from basketball for awhile. Lots of pressure on these young women.
Interesting and yes I'm glad they decided to choose some other players to highlight! Kiki was an odd choice to me as well. I honestly figured they would all be seniors. Just glad they did not choose Angel ;)

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Interesting and yes I'm glad they decided to choose some other players to highlight! Kiki was an odd choice to me as well. I honestly figured they would all be seniors. Just glad they did not choose Angel ;)
She highlights herself well enough to make up for anyone else's omission.

• Haha
Reactions: CockyGirl

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
It would have been hard to weave Angel's four game suspension and her on-court antics into an otherwise very positive documentary on the WBB season. As it was, she was barely mentioned, or highlights shown, in her games against USC and Iowa.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Ivy League bloodline of Rice's family. Relative of Susan Rice. Cardoso being away from her family. Those were the angles taken to make their stories compelling.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Lisa Bluder

I’m surprised. She had 4 top πŸ’― recruits coming in this fall and had signed Lucy Olson #5 in the transfer portal. Best recruiting class she had ever had.
It may help our recruiting of Divine Bourrage, the #4 recruit in the 2025 class as she is from Iowa.
I think she was probably a little tired and knew that her chances of grabbing the brass ring had gone by the board. God bless her and grant her a wonderful retirement.

Reactions: PFUNK Cock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Reactions: germangamecock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
ESPN said "foot" in that piece on the rankings. Sorry.

• No. 28 Adhel Tac wass one of the most coveted post players in the country despite missing the majority of the last year with a foot injury. She was not very public about her recruitment process, despite the attention she received from programs across the country. Tac is long and can move well laterally and run the floor. She has shown flashes of being a strong passer. This could be a sneaky good get by Staley and South Carolina because of Tac's major upside.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
ESPN said "foot" in that piece on the rankings. Sorry.
KNEE
Please note the article said last year, not this year, as in her junior year. Foot was her junior year and is totally healed. She injured her knee her senior year and was not going to be able to compete, so she enrolled early. If you watched her on crutches, she was not wearing a boot but her leg was casted immobilizing her Knee. She has now had 2 injuries in 2 years which makes me a little nervous.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
KNEE
Please note the article said last year, not this year, as in her junior year. Foot was her junior year and is totally healed. She injured her knee her senior year and was not going to be able to compete, so she enrolled early. If you watched her on crutches, she was not wearing a boot but her leg was casted immobilizing her Knee. She has now had 2 injuries in 2 years which makes me a little nervous.
Gotcha. She's suspect until proven otherwise. Since the knee happened before she enrolled here, I'm surprised it wasn't cited.

Last edited:

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Lisa Bluder

I’m surprised. She had 4 top πŸ’― recruits coming in this fall and had signed Lucy Olson #5 in the transfer portal. Best recruiting class she had ever had.
It may help our recruiting of Divine Bourrage, the #4 recruit in the 2025 class as she is from Iowa.
I feel like she probably felt that this would be her peak and decided to leave on top. I personally believe Geno is in a similar situation trying to retire with a championship or he would have retired by now. They are likely trying to avoid going out like how Muffet McGraw who went from national title, runner up and retiring after a sub .500 year.

It will be interesting to see if anybody decides to transfer out of Iowa especially the portal pieces or incoming recruits. It does help they hired the assistant coach so there still some familiarity.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I feel like she probably felt that this would be her peak and decided to leave on top. I personally believe Geno is in a similar situation trying to retire with a championship or he would have retired by now. They are likely trying to avoid going out like how Muffet McGraw who went from national title, runner up and retiring after a sub .500 year.

It will be interesting to see if anybody decides to transfer out of Iowa especially the portal pieces or incoming recruits. It does help they hired the assistant coach so there still some familiarity.
From reading on Jensen, it appears she is Iowa’s Jolette Law. She has done the heavy lifting in recruiting. She was cited as key in bringing both Clark and Gustafson into the fold.

Sharris

Joined Mar 22, 2016
Jan 31, 2022
Gotcha. She's suspect until proven otherwise. Since the knee happened before she enrolled here, I'm surprised it wasn't cited.
Tac's injury in medical terms was a dislocated knee cap which has a 4 to 8 week recovery period. Her recovery time would have eaten up the rest of her high school season, though she may have been able to play her All Star games. After this issue, she, her parents along with the USC staff decided that it would be best for her to enroll early so that the operation and rehab could be done by our excellent medical staff just like when Amihere arrived. The only difference is that Tac's injury was less severe than Amihere or even Raven Johnson's during her freshmen year, because there were no torn ligaments within the ACL or MCL. She was in a brace after her surgery not a cast so that she would keep her legs straight for a period of time to allow the knee to heal properly. She had the chance to learn to plays, scouting reports and do some upper body weight lifting. She was dressing out for practice near the end of the season and getting up shots on the side, she just did not do full contact drills. She is good to go and will be practicing when they return in June according to what she stated in some interviews post the final four. If she gets back to where she was prior to the injury, she will be a load inside especially in terms of defending the paint and inside scoring.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Tac's injury in medical terms was a dislocated knee cap which has a 4 to 8 week recovery period. Her recovery time would have eaten up the rest of her high school season, though she may have been able to play her All Star games. After this issue, she, her parents along with the USC staff decided that it would be best for her to enroll early so that the operation and rehab could be done by our excellent medical staff just like when Amihere arrived. The only difference is that Tac's injury was less severe than Amihere or even Raven Johnson's during her freshmen year, because there were no torn ligaments within the ACL or MCL. She was in a brace after her surgery not a cast so that she would keep her legs straight for a period of time to allow the knee to heal properly. She had the chance to learn to plays, scouting reports and do some upper body weight lifting. She was dressing out for practice near the end of the season and getting up shots on the side, she just did not do full contact drills. She is good to go and will be practicing when they return in June according to what she stated in some interviews post the final four. If she gets back to where she was prior to the injury, she will be a load inside especially in terms of defending the paint and inside scoring.
I will expect great things forthwith.

Cockywilder

May 13, 2024
Tennessee women's basketball made another portal addition and signed Clemson transfer guard Ruby Whitehorn on Monday afternoon. In two seasons with the Tigers, the 5-foot-11 guard started a combined 62 games and averaged 12.3 points per game and 5.6 rebounds as a sophomore in the 2023-24 season and I’m still don’t think the transfer is good enough
Ruby Whitehorn from Clemson just committed to Tennessee

Reactions: winloseortie