2024 Phillies Thread

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
The Phillies started 8-8 before going gang busters. 22-5 since is quite a stretch.

I wouldn’t beat them up too bad on the teams above .500 stat until there’s a better data point than 3 games.
I wasn’t beating them up and said they deserve credit for beating up the teams they should beat. My point is let’s see how they do when the schedule toughens.

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Really enjoying the hot start for the Phils in 2024. It's tempered by who they've played, but still, .700 ball is .700 ball. And they've continued it without the hot hitting Turner and the below the Mendoza line Castellanos. Topper probably is waiting until June to make a decision, but Pache may start getting starts in right instead of the occasional platoon in LF with Marsh.

And how in the heck did the Bravos accumulate SIX games in hand on the Phils? Without looking at their schedule, they might have a few doubleheaders coming up that will challenge and tax that staff without Strider. They are still only one game back in the loss column. No team in MLB has played fewer games than ATL.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Really enjoying the hot start for the Phils in 2024. It's tempered by who they've played, but still, .700 ball is .700 ball. And they've continued it without the hot hitting Turner and the below the Mendoza line Castellanos. Topper probably is waiting until June to make a decision, but Pache may start getting starts in right instead of the occasional platoon in LF with Marsh.

And how in the heck did the Bravos accumulate SIX games in hand on the Phils? Without looking at their schedule, they might have a few doubleheaders coming up that will challenge and tax that staff without Strider. They are still only one game back in the loss column. No team in MLB has played fewer games than ATL.
The NL has 5 teams over 500 including the 25-21 Cubs. So basically you’ve had the three division leaders and the Braves. So, everyone has played bad teams, the Phillies have just beaten the bad teams more often than the other teams beating bad teams.

I heard all spring on Sanchez adding velocity. He will be a real handful if the velo and cutter can complement his change. Some good baseball people had Sanchez on their radar for this year. If Sanchez is taking the next step this season, the Phillies are a real handful.

Reactions: Colt2169