Spring game (over)reactions

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The 2-6 thing is why I place zero stock in bowl eligibility these days. No 6 win team needs to be "rewarded" for the season in any way, especially when they allow 1 FCS win to count towards bowl eligibility.

We are in agreement there. I've long been advocate of upping bowl eligibility and trimming back the number of bowls dramatically. In my opinion, that did more to contribute to the perception of bowls being meaningless than anything else...because a large number of them are.

Think they need to drop FCS games altogether.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I agree on dropping the FCS games completely.

But im one of those guys that watches those crummy bowls, so I personally don't want to see them removed.

Last edited:

Big JC

May 12, 2023
We are in agreement there. I've long been advocate of upping bowl eligibility and trimming back the number of bowls dramatically. In my opinion, that did more to contribute to the perception of bowls being meaningless than anything else...because a large number of them are.

Think they need to drop FCS games altogether.
Totally agree about FCS games. It is absurd for Carolina or Clemson to play Furman, The Citadel, Western Carolina, etc.. People argue that the FCS schools need the money from the games but I say; if they can't afford a football team without having to be the sacrificial lamb to FBS schools they should drop football as a varsity sport. There are 130 FBS football programs, more than enough for everyone to have a 12 game schedule.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Latest posts