“Fast Car” was awesome tonight

militarydog

Nov 9, 2012
From the Grammy’s. Great combo of artist.

You never know how someone is going to react to a cover of their song. I remember when she was interviewed about the Luke Combs cover Tracey Chapman was incredibly gracious and complimentary of the song and that she scored a “country hit”. The back story of why Luke Combs covered it along with the duet tonight was pretty amazing. Truly classy and genuine moment in musical history. I hope there are many more like it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Dougie Payne Reaction GIF by Travis

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Actors, Singers, Journalists, Strippers are all just entertainment. Strippers on the pole probably garner the most respect.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I may be in a minority but I don't think it's that great of a song but make sense it's popular again because most popular music sucks to me. Didn't watch Grammies, but just listened to that. Not sure what's special about it, but understand if someone else likes it.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
“Fast Car” is currently #1 on iTunes.

I was under the impression it’s about her parents. Chapman goes out of her way to keep her private life private. She rarely does public performances.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I have to agree. That was good. The new Billy Joel song at the end... meh... The rest of the show was a waste of time - pure trash.
I kinda liked the Billy Joel song, although to me it sounded more Leonard Cohen

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Combs didn't change the wording to fit a man singing that song and it's weird when he does it.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I kinda liked the Billy Joel song, although to me it sounded more Leonard Cohen
Yeah, it was pretty decent to me, too. A little anti-climactic though, given the buildup.

I liked that they let him close the show with "You May Be Right." Probably the best song played on the broadcast all night (along with Fast Car).

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Usual suspects are going to turn this into a 3 pager about some political nonsense aren't they?

It was a nice performance.

Reactions: Supdawg2

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Usual suspects are going to turn this into a 3 pager about some political nonsense aren't they?

It was a nice performance.
Commenting on the hell that folks put Combs through over this is relevant.

The second someone comes out to argue the point - that's when the thread will go off the rails. Especially because it's an inarguable point.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Speaking of music award shows, how about the AMAs in January of 1985? Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Springsteen, Prince, Van Halen, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Tina Turner, Hall & Oates, Kenny Rogers, Huey Lewis, Duran Duran, Kool & The Gang, Dolly, on and on. MJ and Springsteen weren't at the show, but those were all nominated. What a time for pop music.

Only reason I mention that is I watched the new Netflix doc about the recording of 'We Are the World'. Pretty good. It was cool to see how Lionel, Quincy, Michael and that white guy Ken whatever made it happen after the awards show that night.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I had to move on from any and all awards shows. They went from their original intent which was recognizing talent to offering a forum for personal opinions of the so called artists. I got plenty of better things to do than give them that forum

Reactions: 85Bears

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
And cultural appropriation.

Cat must have all those progressive tongues this AM. We gotta find something else to be offensive I guess.
I just wish we had known that a single song performance could cure racism and sexism.*** Coulda saved a lot of trouble over the years.

• Haha
Reactions: Villagedawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I just wish we had known that a single song performance could cure racism and sexism.*** Coulda saved a lot of trouble over the years.
I just wish you and your dishonest little clique wouldn't have pretended that a single song cover was racist and sexist. You could've saved all the normal people from getting to have a heartwarming experience last night.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I just wish you and your dishonest little clique wouldn't have pretended that a single song cover was racist and sexist. You could've saved all the normal people from getting to have a heartwarming experience last night.
insane brad pitt GIF

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Literally no idea what this means. I was just making light of the previous poster acting as if somehow that performance said anything about racism or sexism. If there has been some culture war being waged against this cover, I have missed it, thankfully. Just been humming along with ole Luke over here...

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Literally no idea what this means. I was just making light of the previous poster acting as if somehow that performance said anything about racism or sexism. If there has been some culture war being waged against this cover, I have missed it, thankfully. Just been humming along with ole Luke over here...
You quoted me. And i put your quote, nearly verbatim, back at you but taking the opposite side. If you don't know what it means, you probably should've set this one out.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Tip: Most batshit crazy wackadoos think normal people are insane. It's part of their delusion.

Now that you know that, you can begin your road to recovery.
Refer to my previous post.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
It was depressing song back in the day listening to the little lesbian black girl sing it and it's even more depressing now listening to the grossly obese white boy sing it.

But to each his own.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
You quoted me. And i put your quote, nearly verbatim, back at you but taking the opposite side. If you don't know what it means, you probably should've set this one out.
You think that single performance did cure racism and sexism? OK. Agree to disagree.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I swear, some of y’all would 17 up a wet dream with politics schitt. I wish there was a Sixpack politics board so those inclined could go over there and scream at each other and leave the rest of us alone.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login