#10, Last 4 Bye's in lastest Bracketology

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We are #10. #3 on the last 4 byes. Lunardi has us currently on the right side of the bubble.

Interesting thing i saw though is both Texas AM and Ole Miss are above us. Florida is behind us. But we are all right there jumbled together.

Need to run off some wins.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
On the women's side, Charlie Creme has us as an 8 seed. We were a 9 seed Friday, so not a big jump.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
On the women's side, Charlie Creme has us as an 8 seed. We were a 9 seed Friday, so not a big jump.
Yeah we played 1 game against the NET/RPI top 50 in our non conference and ranked 134 overall. Not good. Might end up costing a hosting spot.

Reactions: Dawgg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We're going to close out strong and make the tourney, we may be one and done, but it will be something to build one. We have the talent to play with just about anyone, if we're hot and they struggle, so you never know what will happen in the first round of the tourney.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
We're going to close out strong and make the tourney, we may be one and done, but it will be something to build one. We have the talent to play with just about anyone, if we're hot and they struggle, so you never know what will happen in the first round of the tourney.
Not sure about others but I'm getting bored with the "something to build on" years. This goes for football and baseball also.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Problem with the schedule the next few weeks is we have zero room for a letdown game. This team is way to inconsistent for me to trust it to play well for 6 games in a row.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah we played 1 game against the NET/RPI top 50 in our non conference and ranked 134 overall. Not good. Might end up costing a hosting spot.
The women’s non conference scheduling this year was horrible. We played FOUR SWAC teams. We should never play more than one. Playing four is ridiculous and drags our NET down because of how bad they are.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Problem with the schedule the next few weeks is we have zero room for a letdown game. This team is way to inconsistent for me to trust it to play well for 6 games in a row.
I agree, but I just can't give up on the team like others. I"m staying positive. If we miss the NCAA tourney, I may turn negative then.

Reactions: patdog and Dawgg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

To be fair, we can win a couple of those games without having to play super well. Kinda like the Vandy game.

Reactions: patdog and Dawgg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
To be fair, we can win a couple of those games without having to play super well. Kinda like the Vandy game.
Which one?

UGA has been in a lot of games with the upper tier of the conference.. they just havent closed them out
Mizzou? We arent good enough to play our B game on the road and beat anyone.. plus Mizzou is going to beat someone this year
Ark? Probably the one where we should win regardless
Ole Miss-- enough said.. we'll need a well played game
LSU- see Mizzou and our road record
Kentucky-- shouldnt even be grouped in this conversation.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Which one?

UGA has been in a lot of games with the upper tier of the conference.. they just havent closed them out
Mizzou? We arent good enough to play our B game on the road and beat anyone.. plus Mizzou is going to beat someone this year

Specifically referring to Mizzou and Arkansas who are a combined 2-16 in SEC play. And one of those two wins was Arkansas winning at Mizzou.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The women’s non conference scheduling this year was horrible. We played FOUR SWAC teams. We should never play more than one. Playing four is ridiculous and drags our NET down because of how bad they are.
Yep, I talked about this in another thread. Two of those four SWAC teams are REALLY bad:
Alcorn State - 334
Arkansas Pine Bluff - 157
Jackson State - 104
Mississippi Valley - 348

For context on Alcorn and Mississippi Valley... There are only about 350 total Division I women's basketball programs.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I agree Arkansas. I don’t trust us road wise enough to say we can play just ok and win on the road

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I agree Arkansas. I don’t trust us road wise enough to say we can play just ok and win on the road

Mizzou is 0-9 in conference and likely 0-10 by the time we play them. And it’s not like they’ve played murderer’s row. If we can’t win that game, no point in tracking our tourney resume anymore.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don't see a road win or another neutral site win this year from this group.

Again, Mizzou is 8-14 overall and 0-9 in the league.

LSU isn’t very good either.

I get that we have stunk on the road but other than our very first road game in late November without Tolu, all of our road losses are to tourney teams and most in tough environments. There may be 30 people in the stands in Columbia on Saturday.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Mizzou is 0-9 in conference and likely 0-10 by the time we play them. And it’s not like they’ve played murderer’s row. If we can’t win that game, no point in tracking our tourney resume anymore.
Not saying we shouldn’t win. Saying we can’t play average and win.

next two games are likely games mizzou feels good about winning. And again I don’t think they go 0-18 in conference.

we need to play well there.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Again, Mizzou is 8-14 overall and 0-9 in the league.

LSU isn’t very good either.

I get that we have stunk on the road but other than our very first road game in late November without Tolu, all of our road losses are to tourney teams and most in tough environments. There may be 30 people in the stands in Columbia on Saturday.

you realize that these other teams are saying the same thing about us. They look at us and see a team at the bottom of the standings and say this is a team we can beat. This isn’t one of the top teams

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't see but 3 wins. Seriously tho. Kentucky and OM are probable losses plus we will drop another. Not saying this team.doesnt have the ability but they are not gonna play at 100% effort or play mistake free ball which would be necessary to win all 6. Plus we now have the injury excuse. But if we have to play our way in we have improved zero from last year, which was " something to build on".

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Which one?

Georgia is better but it takes time to recover from Tom Crean. They have a couple of road wins including SC and took Florida to OT in Gainesville. They have a couple of guys who can score so this one isn’t an automatic cakewalk.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login