12 team Play off next season.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There are a lot of 10-win teams below. Hopefully them playing each other works it out but someone is going to get their feelings hurt. I think not P5 will be left out and no P5 gets more than five teams in.

Potential teams.

SEC
GA
TX
AL
LSU
OU
Ole Miss - They have a fairly easy schedule.
Unexpected Dark Horse
Big 10
Ohio State
Michigan
Oregon
Penn State
Iowa
USC
ACC
FSU
Clemson
Unexpected Dark Horse
Big 12
KSU
Utah
OK State
G5
One Guarantee team.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't see the SEC routinely getting more than 4 in the playoff, so that's a good starting point. SEC and B1G will account for 8, ACC/Big 12 3, then G5 1. And wouldn't be surprised to see 7 from the SEC/B1G. I think that will be the lean.

In essence, you better be 10-2, so playing an easier schedule still matters. I know folks like to say Ole Miss has an easy schedule, and they probably will cruise to 6-0. But I bet they hit some bumps in the latter half. But I honestly don't really know how good they will be. They were a 'muscle-less' 10-2 this year, they won the games, but got beaten down by the big boys. This tends not to matter because you're simply trying to make it into the playoff, I get that, but if projecting forward, it's important to note.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don't see the SEC routinely getting more than 4 in the playoff, so that's a good starting point. SEC and B1G will account for 8, ACC/Big 12 3, then G5 1. And wouldn't be surprised to see 7 from the SEC/B1G. I think that will be the lean.

In essence, you better be 10-2, so playing an easier schedule still matters. I know folks like to say Ole Miss has an easy schedule, and they probably will cruise to 6-0. But I bet they hit some bumps in the latter half. But I honestly don't really know how good they will be. They were a 'muscle-less' 10-2 this year, they won the games, but got beaten down by the big boys. This tends not to matter because you're simply trying to make it into the playoff, I get that, but if projecting forward, it's important to note.
one thing about Lane the last couple of years, he's won several "one possession" games that came down to the end. Don't know if luck, good coaching, smart players or a combination of all three. I did think very overrated in 2023. Had Mike been alive, and they still played like they did, we'd beaten them by 3 TDs.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Yep! Going to happen too
this is the worst team State has had in a long time and the Bears could only muster 17 points and seven of those came off of one busted play plus State missed two field goals. Three plays won this past egg bowl for them. The ole miss guys in the gym run their mouth then I ask them what play they made to win the game.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
one thing about Lane the last couple of years, he's won several "one possession" games that came down to the end. Don't know if luck, good coaching, smart players or a combination of all three. I did think very overrated in 2023. Had Mike been alive, and they still played like they did, we'd beaten them by 3 TDs.
His going for it on 4th down is going to cost them a big game sooner or later.

patdog

May 28, 2007

As of now, there are still 6 autimatic conference champions berths even though there’s 1 less power conference. So no more than 7 from SEC / Big 10 next year, and good chance just 6.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
There are a lot of 10-win teams below. Hopefully them playing each other works it out but someone is going to get their feelings hurt. I think not P5 will be left out and no P5 gets more than five teams in.

Potential teams.

SEC
GA
TX
AL
LSU
OU
Ole Miss - They have a fairly easy schedule.
Unexpected Dark Horse
Big 10
Ohio State
Michigan
Oregon
Penn State
Iowa
USC
ACC
FSU
Clemson
Unexpected Dark Horse
Big 12
KSU
Utah
OK State
G5
One Guarantee team.

As of now, the top 6 ranked conference champions will get in, unless I’ve missed where they changed it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
As of now, there are still 6 autimatic conference champions berths even though there’s 1 less power conference. So no more than 7 from SEC / Big 10 next year, and good chance just 6.
Ole Miss plays LSU, GA and OU. How many of those three they have to win presuming they don't lose to one of the other teams? What do you think?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There could be an unranked conference champion.

SEC
B1G
B12
ACC
SunBelt
AAC
WAC
CUSA
MAC

Which 6?
I am thinking the top six highest ranked conference champions. I wonder if there are 7 ranked conference champions all with one loss would a two loss third or fourth place P5 team get in over them?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login