13 SEC L’s in a row for Lemonis…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I've been a lemonis defender but it's become obvious he walked into a loaded roster and won with cohen and cann guys. One year that bad is excusable after that many cws and winning it all. But not two in a row and both in your 4th and 5th year. Not excusable to be this bad

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
13 in a row is crazy. Surely Lemonis knows his time is coming to an end.
I just don't get it. How in the flip do you begin your SEC baseball career with 50 wins and a trip to Omaha, a year of covid, then ANOTHER 50 win season with a National damn Championship....only to top that off with a losing season and (likely) another losing season worse than the previous. Two amazing seasons followed by two seasons where we lay in $#!t like we enjoy it.

How? How the hell does that happen? For the love of all that's Holy will the sport's Gods stop making us look stupid in nearly everything?!

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I just don't get it. How in the flip do you begin your SEC baseball career with 50 wins and a trip to Omaha, a year of covid, then ANOTHER 50 win season with a National damn Championship....only to top that off with a losing season and (likely) another losing season worse than the previous. Two amazing seasons followed by two seasons where we lay in $#!t like we enjoy it.

How? How the hell does that happen? For the love of all that's Holy will the sport's Gods stop making us look stupid in nearly everything?!
Like I said he came into a strong foundation and program and then topped it off with those players but after brining in a full team of his guys he can't do ****. All of the leadership and players that were cohen and Cann guys are gone. What we are seeing now is lemonis made. Trying to compare it to something but it's hard. maybe les miles in football? Came after saban and won but never got close again?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
with GIF

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
He was such a cocky/arrogant fellow at the January 2022 kid’s baseball camp.

I wonder if that self doubt is creeping in. 13 L’s in a row in the SEC is absolutely Putrid. It is sad really.

Let’s not forget that Cohen hired him.
Cohen with the long game to topple MSU in baseball and make Auburn a powerhouse, I knew it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He was such a cocky/arrogant fellow at the January 2022 kid’s baseball camp.
I don’t like to go here with the personal things, but I had a run-in myself where I was less than impressed with his dealings with a 10 year old kid (who may or may not have been mine).

He (Lemonis) didn’t do anything wrong, but I expected a little more in that particular situation from a coach to a kid decked out in MSU national title gear who came face to face with the head coach, in a situation where no one was watching. It’s just interesting that somebody else noticed something like that too. A little friendliness and/or goodwill goes a long way, you know?

I certainly think about that after days like today.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010

Simple. It’s mostly talent, and despite our media fanboys’ squawkings (looking at you T&L) we have very little of it. None on the pitching staff and a few above average in the lineup. Go look at other SEC programs. They have loads more talent than State does. The simple fact is State Sucks.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Simple. It’s mostly talent, and despite our media fanboys’ squawkings (looking at you T&L) we have very little of it. None on the pitching staff and a few above average in the lineup. Go look at other SEC programs. They have loads more talent than State does. The simple fact is State Sucks.
Recruiting services aren’t perfect, but we have entirely too many coveted recruits for this to be true.

No question Foxhall has to go. But, the question is, do we stop there or not? This team isn’t mentally ready to play day to day. The Chizik comparison is totally legit, minus having to pay the best player in the country to play for us.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Recruiting services aren’t perfect, but we have entirely too many coveted recruits for this to be true.

No question Foxhall has to go. But, the question is, do we stop there or not? This team isn’t mentally ready to play day to day. The Chizik comparison is totally legit, minus having to pay the best player in the country to play for us.
Lemonis is not a bad coach, but he’s an obvious scapegoat any way you turn. It’s talent, which falls on him, but Jimmie’s and Joe’s over X’s and O’s.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Lemonis is not a bad coach, but he’s an obvious scapegoat any way you turn. It’s talent, which falls on him, but Jimmie’s and Joe’s over X’s and O’s.
Regardless of whether we have talent, he is the one responsible for bringing it in. So yeah it’s his fault in that case anyway.

But we have and have had talent.

Last edited:

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I don’t like to go here with the personal things, but I had a run-in myself where I was less than impressed with his dealings with a 10 year old kid (who may or may not have been mine).

He (Lemonis) didn’t do anything wrong, but I expected a little more in that particular situation from a coach to a kid decked out in MSU national title gear who came face to face with the head coach, in a situation where no one was watching. It’s just interesting that somebody else noticed something like that too. A little friendliness and/or goodwill goes a long way, you know?

Nevermind

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
13 games in a row is pretty common. Comes around at State almost every 50 years. Last time, we hired a pretty damn good coach.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
So long story short, our coaches can't recruit worth a damn and/or develop the players they get, correct? That or Lemonis got lazy after the title and thought State would recruit itself.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
My oh my. How much verbal abuse did I take here last year for saying we win in 2021 not because of him but despite him? And now here we are. Yet again sucking hind tit in the SEC. I will wager one ounce of silver to any takers that we lose the series to Vandy next weekend. Lemonis is the Gene Chizic of baseball.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Auburn is the only unranked SEC baseball team left on our schedule. If we can't take two out of three from KY this could end up being the worse season on record. I surely hope not, and I am wrong about our coaching staff. As I said I will gladly come on here and say I am wrong but hell he hasn't started to turn things around since last season, is he going to start now? If we get swept tomorrow it is going to be really embarrassing for what is coming the rest of the season.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

If you look up the PG Top 200 recruits that made it to each SEC campus over the 2020, 2021, and 2022 classes, you will likely find that we are very middle of the pack talent-wise in the SEC.

Here’s some numbers on how many of each made it to campus at various schools:

LSU - 24
Vandy - 24
Florida - 21
South Carolina - 17
Arkansas - 15
Ole Miss - 10
MSU - 8
Tennessee - 8
Auburn - 7
Alabama - 7
Missouri - 6
UGA - 5
Texas A&M - 5
Kentucky - 4

Its a very sobering thought to realize how much closer our talent is to schools like Alabama and Missouri than it is to the upper third of teams in the SEC. Its really been that way for a long time….this didn’t start with Lemonis. And talent certainly isn’t our only problem. But we don’t have nearly as much margin for coaching error with this roster as you would be led to believe. And as it pertains to us specifically, half of our 8 are true freshmen this season - Highfill, Jordan, Cjintje, and Loftin.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
If you look up the PG Top 200 recruits that made it to each SEC campus over the 2020, 2021, and 2022 classes, you will likely find that we are very middle of the pack talent-wise in the SEC.

LSU - 24
Vandy - 24
Florida - 21
South Carolina - 17
Arkansas - 15
Ole Miss - 10
MSU - 8
Tennessee - 8
Auburn - 7
Alabama - 7
Missouri - 6
UGA - 5
Texas A&M - 5
Kentucky - 4

Its a very sobering thought to realize how much closer our talent is to schools like Alabama and Missouri than it is to the upper third of teams in the SEC. Its really been that way for a long time….this didn’t start with Lemonis. And talent certainly isn’t our only problem. But we don’t have nearly as much margin for coaching error with this roster as you would be led to believe. And as it pertains to us specifically, half of our 8 are true freshmen this season - Highfill, Jordan, Cjintje, and Loftin.
Sure as hell wish we had 1/2 of the talent that never made it to campus: Blaze Jordan, Austin Hendrick, James Wood, Maddux Bruns, Jordan McCants, Jett Williams...All 1st-3rd rounders. SMH.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

LSU - 24
Vandy - 24
Florida - 21
South Carolina - 17
Arkansas - 15
Ole Miss - 10
MSU - 8
Tennessee - 8
Auburn - 7
Alabama - 7
Missouri - 6
UGA - 5
Texas A&M - 5
Kentucky - 4

It’s a very sobering thought to realize how much closer our talent is to schools like Alabama and Missouri than it is to the upper third of teams in the SEC. It’s really been that way for a long time….this didn’t start with Lemonis. And talent certainly isn’t our only problem. But we don’t have nearly as much margin for coaching error with this roster as you would be led to believe. And as it pertains to us specifically, half of our 8 are true freshmen this season - Highfill, Jordan, Cjintje, and Loftin.
I checked the PG site…. We’ve had 10 on campus in your range. Not as many as Lootie or Vandy, but not as close to Bama and Mizzou.

2020:
Kellum Clark
Jackson Fristoe
Mikey Tepper
Cade Smith

2021:
Aaron Downs
Pico Kohn

2022:
Cijnte
Dakota Jordan
Ross Highfill
Bradley Loftin

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004

Never meet your heroes

Reactions: WilCoDawg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Baseball ratings is more comedy than fact. Outside the high draft guys, it's a crap-shoot. LSU hasn't really been worth a crap in that period til this year. But they got a new coach who brought in a great transfer class with the top pitcher in the country this year.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I checked the PG site…. We’ve had 10 on campus in your range. Not as many as Lootie or Vandy, but not as close to Bama and Mizzou.

2020:
Kellum Clark
Jackson Fristoe
Mikey Tepper
Cade Smith

2021:
Aaron Downs
Pico Kohn

2022:
Cijnte
Dakota Jordan
Ross Highfill
Bradley Loftin
And the number 4 transfer class in the country try this year. And let’s not forget Walling. Another stud get that fizzled. But part of the rankings issue is we were loyal to guys that were obvious no-takes. And Hines isnt a top 200 guy. That was a good find by the staff.

This isn’t a talent issue. if we were consistently a 2 seed then maybe it’s a different discussion.

Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login