14 years ago today

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It was hilarious to watch all the non-Saints fans hate people that were bandwagon.
I grew up with the Ain'ts, bags over the head, etc. so there wasn't much to root for. Combine that with all of my adult influences disliking Ole Miss enough to let that carry over to Archie's tenure with the Saints and I had no chance of developing a rooting interest. When the superbowl happened, I will freely admit that I was both surprised and skeptical at the number of overnight fans. Literally didn't know a Saints fan who wasn't also an Ole Miss fan and all of a sudden, BOOM, everybody loves them.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I love the Saints. I graduated high school outside New Orleans in Jefferson Parish. The Saints were terrible back then. They never made the playoffs until I moved but I remained a fan. The Super Bowl that year was euphoric after the lifetime of pain I had endured as a Saints fan. Now 14 years later I am almost apathetic as a fan because I see no hope with the current coaching situation. Thanks for the memories, I guess

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I love the Saints. I graduated high school outside New Orleans in Jefferson Parish. The Saints were terrible back then. They never made the playoffs until I moved but I remained a fan. The Super Bowl that year was euphoric after the lifetime of pain I had endured as a Saints fan. Now 14 years later I am almost apathetic as a fan because I see no hope with the current coaching situation. Thanks for the memories, I guess
As long as Mickey Loomis is there, there’s a chance of getting back to “the good old days.” Have to hit on the right HC/QB combo, which is hard. It’s wild to think that for a 12-15 year period, the Saints were one of the most respectable franchises in the NFL. Also, there was a time in my fandom where I would’ve been ecstatic with a 9 win season, and now that’s a disappointment. The franchise has come a long way.

Reactions: dorndawg

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I grew up with the Ain'ts, bags over the head, etc. so there wasn't much to root for. Combine that with all of my adult influences disliking Ole Miss enough to let that carry over to Archie's tenure with the Saints and I had no chance of developing a rooting interest. When the superbowl happened, I will freely admit that I was both surprised and skeptical at the number of overnight fans. Literally didn't know a Saints fan who wasn't also an Ole Miss fan and all of a sudden, BOOM, everybody loves them.
The Saints were on TV. We didn't have cable. So I was a Saints fan. Reuben Mayes. Dalton Hilliard. Eric Martin. Dome Patrol.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The Saints were on TV. We didn't have cable. So I was a Saints fan. Reuben Mayes. Dalton Hilliard. Eric Martin. Dome Patrol.
I didn't hate on anybody for being one, just observational. I don't care enough about pro sports in general to have strong opinions about teams or fanbases. Dak being a Cowboy somewhat rekindled my childhood favorite team interest. By somewhat, I mean I'll stop on a game and watch a little of the Cowboys if I notice that it is on. Makes me kind of sad that I don't care more. I used to have MNF as a must see weekly event growing up. Pretty sure my dad knew when I was sneakily laying behind the couch after bedtime, peaking around to watch. He only pretended to care if my mom saw me and got upset about me staying up too late on a school night.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
My dad was a huge Saints fan so I pulled for them when they got there in his memory. As a Falcon's fan that wasn't the easiest of tasks. And yes, my a$s is still stinging from that huge lead they blew against the Patriots.

Aug 23, 2012
I’m an Eagles fan by heart and always will be but I’ve always had a passing interest in the Saints. If they win, great. If they lose I don’t miss any sleep over it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I grew up having to watch the Saints lose every weekend. I got tired of it. I found some other teams to cheer for. Of course I always go back and cheer for the team from the town I was born in, Chicago.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
i always liked the Saints but i didn't just love them. i grew up a Dallas fan in the late 70's when they were Americas's team. my dad absolutely loved them though because of Archie. my dad and my uncle Jimmy were at the first Saint s game ever at old Tulane Stadium in 1967.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I was a Saints' fan until bountygate. For a while, I felt like I didn't have an NFL team to cheer for until I moved to upstate NY and the Bills were an easy team to become a fan of, but I still sort of like the Saints.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I grew up having to watch the Saints lose every weekend. I got tired of it. I found some other teams to cheer for. Of course I always go back and cheer for the team from the town I was born in, Chicago.
I’m with you to some degree but my fandom never left even during that time.
In the 70’s and early 80’s most of my buddies were quasi Saints fans but mostly were more Cowboys fans.
So I picked the Steelers to be my AFC team to pull for but the Saints always have and always will be my favorite NFL team.
Saints
Eagles
Steelers
Vikings
Dolphins
Chiefs

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login