1500 coming up on the NBC recap if you like to scream at your TV

kired

Aug 22, 2008
This is why I like track better than swimming. So many of the swimming finals seem to already have the top 3 determined before they even start, and 9 times out of 10 the announcer can tell you who the winner will be.

Track just seems to have more uncertainty (except for when you’ve got a goat like Usain Bolt)

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I scared the dog, made the wife and kids laugh, and then opened an afternoon beer. That was the best race I’ve ever watched. To have 3 in the top five of that field is incredible. It was also very nice to see Jakob humbled by two US competitors who are not flashy or cocky at all like him.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Hocker did a great job to win that race.

Coming out of the final turn, Hocker saw an inside opening and he accelerated to run past the two runners ahead of him (Norway and GB). However, the leader (Norway) sensed Hocker coming up on his inside and so he closed off that inside opening.

When the leader did that, Hocker had to immediately slow down and allow the two runners to run ahead of him. The GB runner immediately accelerated to pass the Norway runner on the outside.

When that happened, the Norway runner started trying to force the GB runner further to the outside. That action totally reopened the inside opening to Hocker, and he accelerated through it.

Hocker did a great job maintaining his pace all the way to the finish line and passed both the Norway and GB runners to take the gold.

Exciting stuff.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The fact that Hocker started his kick at the end of the final turn, got blocked off and had to stutter step and slow down, and then started his kick a second time and flew past both the leaders was incredible. His momentum was completely gone after he got blocked off. Amazing that he had enough left in the tank to push again and fly to the finish line. That was an incredible race.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I scared the dog, made the wife and kids laugh, and then opened an afternoon beer. That was the best race I’ve ever watched. To have 3 in the top five of that field is incredible. It was also very nice to see Jakob humbled by two US competitors who are not flashy or cocky at all like him.
So how's your dog and family doing this afternoon? Damn, that's two days in a row of afternoon TV yelling and a double shot at that. I don't know how he made up all of that in a 400 and can't say I'm big steeplechase guy but I was screaming again today.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
So how's your dog and family doing this afternoon? Damn, that's two days in a row of afternoon TV yelling and a double shot at that. I don't know how he made up all of that in a 400 and can't say I'm big steeplechase guy but I was screaming again today.
All is well. This has been a great Olympics for track so far. I have enjoyed the hell out of it. The dog… not so much.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Even the dang 3k Steeplechase was a great race. Rooks was in second to last with 1k to go and got silver. He put himself in harms way jumping over all of that stuff at breakneck speed. There were a few falls in the last 400.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Time for some more TV screaming again on the replay if you're interested. 400 and steeplechase (of all things). UFB

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Rooks shaved 9 seconds off his personal best in the steeplechase. If he had just matched his previous best, he finishes 12th rather than 2nd.

Rose to the occasion big time.

To annoy people at parties...

"The event originated in Ireland, where horses and riders raced from one town's steeple to the next: the steeples were used as markers due to their visibility over long distances. Along the way, runners inevitably had to jump streams and low stone walls separating estates."

Reactions: MSUDOG24
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login