17-ing 1 is lazy on both ends a lot

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
Yeah Tolu has a big head rn. Start Bell until Tolu decides he wants to lead this team.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Laziness and its spreads throughout the rest of the team like the plague.

what perplexes me is that Jans seems shocked that he keeps getting asked about Tolu’s role with the team going forward.
I mean surely he sees it too, right?

the guy he had at New Mexico State would eat Tolu’s lunch and make him like it.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Might be Tolu needed help in the form of production and the staff failed him ? Everyone knew he’s vertically challenged coming in. What looks like lazy might equal swarmed ? FT shooting is on him though, downright awkward to watch because he’s always going to the line.

Reactions: Dawg84

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I watched a number of possessions last night and Tolu was getting pushed off the block easily. And he doesn't have enough spring in his jump to finish down low unless he can overpower. And he wasn't doing that last night.

Dashawn Davis is a liability right now. He can't shoot. Ball control is a struggle.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Sorry, but you don't average a double double being lazy. He did lose a couple of rebounds in critical situations last night and he's stunk it up from the FT line lately, but he's anything but lazy.

Bell is the liability. Not sure what happened to him, but he fell off a cliff when Tolu came back from his injury.

Reactions: 3dawgnight

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
I wonder with Davis and Shak if they might just be disillusioned with their careers at this point and playing out the string. It sure looks like it.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I wonder with Davis and Shak if they might just be disillusioned with their careers at this point and playing out the string. It sure looks like it.
Shak was sick. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and he still contributes to me. Davis is killing us right now. Something is off with him.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Tolu has never been very explosive around the rim. His foot injury may have made that even worse. He’s not very good at finishing through contact and doesn’t draw as many and-one opportunities as he should. Which is extra unfortunate seeing as he’s a poor free throw shooter.

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
Good riddance with tolu. We need a dominate big man that wants to finish, instead of hoping to get fouled only to miss both frees. Jans go find a big man worth a damn, and a shooter or two next year

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Good riddance with tolu. We need a dominate big man that wants to finish, instead of hoping to get fouled only to miss both frees. Jans go find a big man worth a damn, and a shooter or two next year
Wait a minute, who are you and what have you done with Mr. This is a TOURNEY TEAM??

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Btw, I agree with you about Tolu. He has a lot of potential, and he has a soft touch around the rim, which leads to a lot of buckets I never think have a chance. But I would trade some of that soft touch for some Charles Rhodes "hide the kids" rim-destroying attitude right about now.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
I watched a number of possessions last night and Tolu was getting pushed off the block easily. And he doesn't have enough spring in his jump to finish down low unless he can overpower. And he wasn't doing that last night.

Dashawn Davis is a liability right now. He can't shoot. Ball control is a struggle.
This 100%. Davis has regressed from last year. He is just unable to penetrate the paint this year. And his lack of an outside shot doesn't warrant giving him extended playing time. Fort seems like a different player the last couple of weeks. I'd start Hubbard and Moore and bring Fort and Davis off the bench in that order. Sean Jones needs more minutes too.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Sorry, but you don't average a double double being lazy. He did lose a couple of rebounds in critical situations last night and he's stunk it up from the FT line lately, but he's anything but lazy.

Bell is the liability. Not sure what happened to him, but he fell off a cliff when Tolu came back from his injury.
You’re wrong. I don’t think you watched the past few games. His laziness is very easy to see. Doesn’t hustle. HE IS LAZY IN EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME.

the whole team fell off when Tolu came back because his toxicity spread rampant like covid in the nursing home. No doubt about it . Coach Jans should sit Tolu’s butt for the rest of the year. Let him go home and rest like he did in November and December if he wants to.

If you keep him out there and you’ll begin to hear more and more boo birds. It’s not good basketball and is a bad look for the basketball program going forward. Send his butt home.

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
I’m totally okay with sitting tolu he’s a liability rn. His missed frees cost us the bama game

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login