17 it Friday needs to become a thing

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
After a long week and your mind is shot and your nerves are frayed to the breaking point from dealing with jackasses at work all week, we need a 17 it Friday. Want to sit at work all day and surf the net and play Minesweeper? It's 17 it Friday. Want to leave a noon and go have a 4 margarita lunch at your favorite Mexican restaurant? It's 17 it Friday. Take the day off and play 18 holes or hit the lake? It's 17 it Friday. I think all businesses should give employees five 17 it Fridays per year that don't count against vacation time. If we had that, today would be one of my 5.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Man don’t tempt me. Winds are out of the S today but a little crisp and “cool” here on the coast. Something that doesn't happen often in August unless a hurricane has just passed through.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
After a long week and your mind is shot and your nerves are frayed to the breaking point from dealing with jackasses at work all week, we need a 17 it Friday. Want to sit at work all day and surf the net and play Minesweeper? It's 17 it Friday. Want to leave a noon and go have a 4 margarita lunch at your favorite Mexican restaurant? It's 17 it Friday. Take the day off and play 18 holes or hit the lake? It's 17 it Friday. I think all businesses should give employees five 17 it Fridays per year that don't count against vacation time. If we had that, today would be one of my 5.
Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
i am retired as of August 31 everyday will be 17 it Friday. No more dealing with Knuckleheads as a Federal Officer. I will work for FEMA Disaster Part Time Thats it! HAIL State!

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Want to leave a noon and go have a 4 margarita lunch at your favorite Mexican restaurant? It's 17 it Friday
Used to work for a small engineering company in Austin. 20 employees, I was one of only 3 that could pass the DOE mandatory random quarterly drug screen. We would take 2 Fridays a month, go out to Baby As for lunch, enjoy some purple margaritas, and then bar hop until about 2 am. Quite a few years being in a very laid back company made me look at my next jobs like they were slave driving.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Most of my current ICU patients are relatively stable. Let’s do this thing.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I've changed my mind - Hugh for President

Reactions: NTDawg and HRMSU

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
What kind of jobs do yall have that don’t follow you all weekend? Most times I’m just hoping for a 17 it Sunday.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Man, I thought this was gonna be a hopped-up NSFW tiddy thread.

DAMN I'm disappointed. But yeah, I guess goofing off at work will be fine too.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
i am retired as of August 31 everyday will be 17 it Friday. No more dealing with Knuckleheads as a Federal Officer. I will work for FEMA Disaster Part Time Thats it! HAIL State!
Thanks for the thankless work brother!!

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
I couldn't leave work, but I did spend about 3 hours scouring the fantasy football waiver wire. Kind of a mini 17 it Friday rebellion.

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
What kind of jobs do yall have that don’t follow you all weekend? Most times I’m just hoping for a 17 it Sunday.
Likewise. My 17 it Friday was the only day I didn't work self imposed overtime. Then I'd work some on Saturday and Sunday to make up for it.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Been retired for 10 months. I can't tell you what day of the week it is most of the time. Endless weekend.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login