17 Those Guys

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Always funny to me that most of the students at state and ole miss grew up together. Did the same **** together. Played in the same fields together at the same hunting camps together and they somehow think they are so far one way and we are so far another way.

I had ole miss uncles who were dairy farmers who called us cow college. I mean really?

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I don't know why anyone on this board would expect anything better from them. They are a$$holes and live up to that standard every single day.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
We are the Cow College of Mississippi (Land grant Ag school). The thing I can't imagine is why more of us aren't proud of that fact. I certainly am proud to have graduated from such an excellent institution!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
We are the Cow College of Mississippi (Land grant Ag school). The thing I can't imagine is why more of us aren't proud of that fact. I certainly am proud to have graduated from such an excellent institution!

I agree. I don’t understand why it’s supposed to be an insult. State is a damn good agricultural school in state that is largely known for agriculture.

But I love this type of ****. It’s the exact type of stuff that reminds you exactly who OM fans are. They are the neighbor that lives in the house next to you, you know the house just like yours, and thinks they are better than you because they are an OM fan (but most likely went to southern or Mississippi college).

msugrad2003

Aug 27, 2013
Our military appreciation flag this past Saturday was much brighter than theirs. We are way-more pro-USA than they are.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And yet, their town is the one named for a cattle crossing and ours is the one named for a war general.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Was in bar in Rome, GA back in August wearing my M over S t-shirt. As my luck would have it, an OM couple walks in. About 15 minutes later, in a group discussion about college sports vs pro sports, the OM guy starts popping off about cow college this and farmer that. On the 3rd mention, I turn and yell down to the end of the bar and ask him if he likes to eat? He says "Yeah, of course, I like to eat"......."Then shut the 17 up and for the rest of the night you address me as Champ". Everyone just died. It felt really good to shut that MF'er up - cause he had NO comeback and just took it.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
As weird as some of the A&M traditions are, you have to give it to them for embracing being an ag school. One of their biggest yells is "Farmers Fight".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login