17 walks is unreal. The only possible excuse is drinking of course.....

Feb 23, 2008
But considering the way they've pitched so far, either they are hammered before each game or they just suck period. I'm fairly certain it's the latter although you almost have to try to walk 17 people. It was already setting up to be a ****** season but with Turner sidelined, it just added insult to injury. Jet has never impressed me and Ryan Powers should still be in New York playing for a YMCA or something. We've gotten nothing from the 2nd base position since Turner went down. It's a mute point though since Turner doesn't pitch. I gotta be honest, I've always felt like McNickle was the only capable coach on the staff but I'm severely disappointed in his development of guys that pitched pretty well last year. I knew Ed, Rea, and Moreland were great players but never thought replacing 3 guys would be this difficult. Rea was half the size but twice the talent of any of these clowns we've got now.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Its not like the pitching is holding us in games and the bats are silent. The pitching is bad and the bad thing is, is that pitching always dominates early on-scary thought. So its doubtful things will improve and probable that it'll get (much) worse.

Its not lookin' like we're gonna be playing Gorilla Ball anytime soon, so big innings aren't gonna be MSU's forte. So unless we dig up some different pitching or start to have 2-3 big innings per game. Its gonna be a long long baseball season. That's baseball, though.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Coach34 said:
our pitching development has left a lot to be desired

It ain't just our pitching development that has left a lot to be desired. Recruiting, hitting, and game mangement have been suspect too. We're next to last in the SEC in runs scored per game and we're last in ERA by over 2 runs per game.</p>

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
I think we walked like 10 or 11 times in that same game. So that's 27 walks in a 9 inning game. That's an average of 2 walks an inning we gave up and we got an average of 1 walk an inning. Sounds to me like the umpire had a strike zone the size of a postage stamp.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
The pitching is bad and the bad thing is, is that pitching always dominates early on-scary thought.
Pitching drastically improved last year, although I don't really think it will this year. Crosswhite has apparently regressed badly.

Also, your sentence is a run-on.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login