17'n Dak

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There would be another one if the worst 17'n rule remaining from the old days of football wasn't still around.

The fumble thru the end zone touchback is an a absolutely ridiculous relic. It rolls out at the 1 inch line, you get it there. 1 inch inside the end zone and the opponent gets it 80 yards from your end zone.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
There would be another one if the worst 17'n rule remaining from the old days of football wasn't still around.

The fumble thru the end zone touchback is an an absolutely ridiculous relic. It rolls out at the 1 inch line, you get it there. 1 inch inside the end zone and the opponent gets it 80 yards from your end zone.
I think the NFL might be changing that rule in the off-season. They’re going to look at it, at least.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They look well on their way to losing tonight. They keep making just enough of a mistake that those big plays for the Cowboys don't happen other than that one play.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Detroit is really good. As in capable of getting to the Super Bowl. Dan Campbell is awesome and they’ve absolutely killed it in the draft the last couple of years.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Somebody should tell McCarthy he doesn't have to run Pollard on first down for no gain every damn time. A play action, something. Dak is getting 2 downs to work with every series.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Dallas won due to Dak’s arm and the defense making stops. Gotta kill the naysayers. This was a tough NFL game between 2 playoff teams. The Boys aren’t going to score 40 on everybody. But Dakota still threw for 300 plus and Goff still sucks.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The head coach for Dallas should FINE himself for the plays that he called on that last possession. Passs??? They got lucky but you have to get lucky every once in a while... of course all this week never will say how they should've lost. Nobody will say anything about the fumble in the first half that went through the end zone - that should only place it gets ruled that way. Any other play if you fumble the ball and nobody recovers it it goes back to where you fumbled it.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Dallas won due to Dak’s arm and the defense making stops. Gotta kill the naysayers. This was a tough NFL game between 2 playoff teams. The Boys aren’t going to score 40 on everybody. But Dakota still threw for 300 plus and Goff still sucks.

It was a good NFL game between two good teams. Glad Dallas got that one.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The head coach for Dallas should find himself for his plays that he called on that last possession. Passs??? They got lucky but you have to get lucky every once in a while... o course all this week never will say how they should've lost. Nobody will say anything about the fumble in the first half that went through the end zone - that should only place it gets ruled that way. Any other play if you fumble the ball and nobody recovers it it goes back to where you fumbled it.

Come on now. It makes perfect sense to penalize the offense much more severely if they fumble close to the opponents end zone, vs at midfield.

What the 17 is wrong with your brain???

Seriously, how the hell can that rule still be a thing??

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I gotta say, I'm glad the Cowboys have fully realized what they have in Lamb and are finding him everywhere. He's been a huge weapon for Dak this year.

This team is still so talented. I'm an idiot, but I hold out hope for lightening in the playoff bottle.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Just read an article about the fumble across the goal line rule and the NFL competition committee has not received any recommendations from the league teams to change the rule. Probably due to the fact that the play happens so rarely (none in 2022 and 1 in 2021) it's not on anybody's radar. To bad, because the rule really penalizes the offense and in this case the defense didn't even touch the ball but they get it as a touchback.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Just read an article about the fumble across the goal line rule and the NFL competition committee has not received any recommendations from the league teams to change the rule. Probably due to the fact that the play happens so rarely (none in 2022 and 1 in 2021) it's not on anybody's radar. To bad, because the rule really penalizes the offense and in this case the defense didn't even touch the ball but they get it as a touchback.

It's surprising to me it happens so rarely when you consider how often players stretch the ball out trying to break the plane these days.

But it's still an unbelievably stupid and seemingly arbitrary rule. Everytime I see it called it pisses me off. Fix it.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I gotta say, I'm glad the Cowboys have fully realized what they have in Lamb and are finding him everywhere. He's been a huge weapon for Dak this year.

This team is still so talented. I'm an idiot, but I hold out hope for lightening in the playoff bottle.
If the Giants found it with Eli then it's definitely possible.....so you're saying there's a chance ****

Reactions: She Mate Me
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login