2/16 bracketology

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I've quit checking it: Very simple its this:

Sceanrios are basically this:

Avoid a bad loss. Find 3 more wins. Be very much on the bubble. Comes down to the SEC tournament and winning a game to feel safe, even then will probably be a scary selection day

Avoid a bad loss. Find 4 more wins. SEC tourney doesnt matter. Probably end up in that 8-9 seed line.

Avoid a bad loss, and upset someone. Winning 5 games. Probably end up more like a 7 seed.

Have a bad loss. Likely outside looking in, needing to upset someone like Auburn (maybe UK or AM depending on how their season ends) OR play your way in at the SEC tournament....to feel good about selection day.

My guess:
45%- in as a 8-10 seed
15%- in as a seed better than 8-10
15%- play in round
25%- completely out

SouthMsDawg02

Oct 2, 2023
I've quit checking it: Very simple its this:

Sceanrios are basically this:

Avoid a bad loss. Find 3 more wins. Be very much on the bubble. Comes down to the SEC tournament and winning a game to feel safe, even then will probably be a scary selection day

Avoid a bad loss. Find 4 more wins. SEC tourney doesnt matter. Probably end up in that 8-9 seed line.

Avoid a bad loss, and upset someone. Winning 5 games. Probably end up more like a 7 seed.

Have a bad loss. Likely outside looking in, needing to upset someone like Auburn (maybe UK or AM depending on how their season ends) OR play your way in at the SEC tournament....to feel good about selection day.

My guess:
60%- in as a 8-10 seed
20%- in as a seed better than 8-10
10%- play in round
10%- completely out
There's honestly no bad losses left on our schedule all of our remaining games are wither Quad 1 or 2 opponents. if we go 4-3 we are in

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
There's honestly no bad losses left on our schedule all of our remaining games are wither Quad 1 or 2 opponents. if we go 4-3 we are in

Arkansas is quad 3.. would be a bad loss.

but again i've said 9 sec wins is the magic number. thats 4 more wins. However if you lose to Ark you have to upset someone else. Hence the scenarios i listed above

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Wait...do you mean to tell me our fans are full of shite? After every loss I've read that we suck and aren't gonna make the tourney! Fire Jans! and Sam too while we're at it!

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Arkansas is a 100% must win. We have two bad losses already (at Ga Tech quad 3 and Southern quad 4). Can’t afford another one. Home game against OM is another near must win because we are fighting with them for a spot. Two losses to them would really hurt us if it comes down to us vs. them.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Arkansas is a 100% must win. We have two bad losses already (at Ga Tech quad 3 and Southern quad 4). Can’t afford another one. Home game against OM is another near must win because we are fighting with them for a spot. Two losses to them would really hurt us if it comes down to us vs. them.
Going 0-2 vs ole Miss. isn’t good. If the resumes are close, and we are both bubble teams H2H would definitely play a factor

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
In theory we could have a bid wrapped up before the end of February. Win the next three home games and beat a not great LSU team on the road and you’re there.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Wait...do you mean to tell me our fans are full of shite? After every loss I've read that we suck and aren't gonna make the tourney! Fire Jans! and Sam too while we're at it!

I think we've officially reached the point where we know this is how you feel on the subject of our basketball fans.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login