2 programs going in opposite directions

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’d take a real hard look at Jedd Fisch if we move on from Arnett. His overall record does not look great at Arizona but he practically started from scratch 2 years ago. The only thing I can fault him for is keeping delaura as the starter for so long. The team is clearly better without the turnover machine

Reactions: vandaldawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Arizona has to be kicking themselves for losing to us. Otherwise their only losses were close games against Washington and USC. And they’ve beaten some teams that would smash us.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Arizona has to be kicking themselves for losing to us. Otherwise their only losses were close games against Washington and USC. And they’ve beaten some teams that would smash us.
Their qb did turn it over 4 times and they barely lost. That was sign number two we weren't good.

Reactions: DawgInThe256

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Arnettz will probably go get him out of the portal
He needs to figure out how to fix his defense before he worried
about the offense. Im more pissed about his specialty being dog ****. That's the problem with a defensive guy. They don't understand how to fix the offense but damn you screwed if they can't fix the defense either.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Judd Fisch = Solid
I want to find a cosch with a good solid body of work. As I said on the other board. Our fans tend to go for the flashy coach of the week or year. Bring me someone who knows what they are doing over time. I didnt care much for pure air raid but I knew leach was a winner. I would have liked to seen his system with a better qb at state. Football gods deemed it not to be so. I do think our defensive recruiting strategy is part of our problem right now. Seeing the same thing happen at usc. I think we should have been like Mullen and put a little more emphasis on recruiting good defense.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Arizona beat #11 Oregon State while we lost to Auburn with no SEC wins.
Two programs going in opposite directions or two seasons going in opposite directions?

I feel like when we talk about a 'program', it's bigger than a handful of games or even an entire season. Arizona's season has drastically improved since the change at QB and State's season has remained relatively the same.

That being said, you could also be right about program trajectories, but it's hard for Arizona's program not to be on the incline... they were 1-11 two seasons ago.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Two programs going in opposite directions or two seasons going in opposite directions?

I feel like when we talk about a 'program', it's bigger than a handful of games or even an entire season. Arizona's season has drastically improved since the change at QB and State's season has remained relatively the same.

That being said, you could also be right about program trajectories, but it's hard for Arizona's program not to be on the incline... they were 1-11 two seasons ago.
I was talking about since we played each other. Arizona has improved to the point they are beating ranked opponents while you know what has happened to us.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login