20,600 for spring game??

Lakemurraycock

Joined Sep 28, 2003
Jan 20, 2022
That number is flawed. It is based on turnstile counts. All of the entrances did not have turnstiles. The one I went in did not. The crowd looked good to me. Were you there?

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I believe that clemson's recent successes over the past 5 or 6 years, not just in the rivalry game, but nationally, has taken the air out of the fanbase. I BELIEVE WE OVERACHIEVED LAST YEAR. But, until we become nationally relevant, and Shane gets our program to be at least equal to clemson's, the enthusiasm won't be where we want it. Just my opinion.

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
I was there. I have been many to many Spring games and that was the biggest crowd I have seen in a while. There were a lot more than 20.000 people there. I would have guessed 35,000 based on what I saw. I thought it was a very good crowd. Damn can`t we even count?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

Lakemurraycock

Joined Sep 28, 2003
Jan 20, 2022
Wow. Alabama and Auburn have a problem showing up. I am sure they are posting threads on their boards wondering what it will take to have better attendance.

Reactions: FMChant

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Wow. Alabama and Auburn have a problem showing up. I am sure they are posting threads on their boards wondering what it will take to have better attendance.

That Bama pic doesn't look right. It was reported that they had 31k in attendance.

Permacock70

Joined Aug 31, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
There were several thousand who missed the spring game because the baseball game lasted so long.

According to my "attend-do-tron" there 33,655 attending the spring game.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
I was at the game. This attendance number is a number fabricated by an outside source. I would say there were at least 39,000 at the game.
You would say…… so now you speak and report for the University Of South Carolina??? You sound like a pompous jerk who cannot admit that the reported numbers were low and you have NO idea how
Many were actually there. How’s that!

rwdeaton19

Joined Oct 10, 2004
Jan 17, 2022
You would say…… so now you speak and report for the University Of South Carolina??? You sound like a pompous jerk who cannot admit that the reported numbers were low and you have NO idea how
Many were actually there. How’s that!
It looked more like 15,000, sure 39 is right

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Not causing a fuss, but I'm too OCD to just let it go hahaha. I saw and heard how many people were there and I know it was more than 20k. I demand justice! :ROFLMAO:

35-40 easy!
Justice would be those attendees at a practice taking in a real game beforehand. Wishful thinking.

rkierstead8

Joined Dec 16, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
There are plenty of shots of last year's 13,000 person crowd in this video.

Apparently if you add 7K more, you fill up the lower bowl. hahhaha

rkierstead8

Joined Dec 16, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
Justice would be those attendees at a practice taking in a real game beforehand. Wishful thinking.
I feelya, but not everyone can swing that. Kids don't really have that kind of attention span and let's face it...

1.) Nobody knows what baseball team is going to show up on a nightly basis. They still deserve the support, but it has to be frustrating for those attending.
2.) Watching "real" baseball is about half as entertaining as watching a football scrimmage for a lot of people (myself included).

Curious, was attendance worse this weekend or on par?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I don't really get why some make such a fuss over Spring Game Attendance.
Back when SOS was here, teams started making a big deal out of the spring game. They all started getting broadcast and then it became a matter of pride as to how many fans were at the game. The pendulum seems to have swung back the other direction where the spring game is being deemphasized, Or at least not made into a spectacle.

Reactions: York cock
Jan 18, 2022
Looks like we can’t even count. Par for the course. Chimpsom had a little over 35 which was announced. You would think we would pull out every stop to top that number… here at USC, NOPE

Clemson did NOT have that many. Of course you probably knew that since you were probably there with your orange on.

Jan 18, 2022
Give a crap about Clemson or your opinion. Take a lap son

stephen colbert middle finger GIF

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I feelya, but not everyone can swing that. Kids don't really have that kind of attention span and let's face it...

1.) Nobody knows what baseball team is going to show up on a nightly basis. They still deserve the support, but it has to be frustrating for those attending.
2.) Watching "real" baseball is about half as entertaining as watching a football scrimmage for a lot of people (myself included).

Curious, was attendance worse this weekend or on par?
Kids in the past did have that kind of attention span.

I think part of the reason for glorifying a practice is to make it more attractive for recruits.

Reactions: rkierstead8

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
So you agree we had a good turnout but people also didn't attend?

Major logic fail.
Kid please tell your mommy and daddy to get their money back from tutoring sessions you received. You are about as dumb as a bag of nickels. You have zero comprehension skills. Please go play in traffic

Jan 18, 2022
Kid please tell your mommy and daddy to get their money back from tutoring sessions you received. You are about as dumb as a bag of nickels. You have zero comprehension skills. Please go play in traffic

You're the dipsh*t who agreed that we had a good turnout and then whined about how the University needs to pick a better weekend so that people could actually show up.

Go eat a bullet or slit your wrists...either way you'd make the world a better place to live in.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login