2022 MSU Baseball Radio Affiliates

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
Meridian needs it on a freaking FM station. I’ve talked to a station owner that went hard after MSU to get it on FM and couldn’t because the athletic department was too loyal to the AM station. I get that and always appreciate loyalty but 17, it is at a significant cost. If the game is at night, you can’t hear it. Some games aren’t carried and rarely do you get any pregame outside of football.

Feb 23, 2008
We haven’t even had a football station up here in a couple years.

It’s crazy considering the alumni and support group here in Desoto county and Memphis. It’s a combination of things I guess. Many of the stations now are corporate and the others are owned by Ole Miss people.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I wish I knew how many hours I’ve listened to MSU sports on that French camp blowtorch of a tower. That thing has some reach. Still remember sitting in deer stands with headphones before every game was televised.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Meridian needs it on a freaking FM station. I’ve talked to a station owner that went hard after MSU to get it on FM and couldn’t because the athletic department was too loyal to the AM station. I get that and always appreciate loyalty but 17, it is at a significant cost. If the game is at night, you can’t hear it. Some games aren’t carried and rarely do you get any pregame outside of football.

This! Its 17'ing miserable. I dont understand why they dont at least mirror it on an FM station

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I think the lack of stations is more because of streaming options rather than corporate, AM loyalty, or Ole Miss ownership. Even if I'm at home or in the car I seldom if ever use an actual radio. At home I stream w/ a tablet and then to a blue tooth speaker and in the car I blue tooth it from phone to car speakers. There has also been the Varsity app, TuneIn, and Sirius/XM option in the past too. I've got a solar, hand cranked, battery, regular ole AM/FM/Weather radio for emergencies but otherwise I hardly ever turn on one

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think the lack of stations is more because of streaming options rather than corporate, AM loyalty, or Ole Miss ownership. Even if I'm at home or in the car I seldom if ever use an actual radio. At home I stream w/ a tablet and then to a blue tooth speaker and in the car I blue tooth it from phone to car speakers. There has also been the Varsity app, TuneIn, and Sirius/XM option in the past too. I've got a solar, hand cranked, battery, regular ole AM/FM/Weather radio for emergencies but otherwise I hardly ever turn on one

I agree. I've been in Dallas-Fort Worth since 2003 and started out with Sirius for State games. Now, I either use the HailStatePlus app or 'Simple Radio' or something like that. I used TuneIn before they started wanting money for college games. My wife is an OU grad and we don't even bother trying to scan through local stations looking for Sooners games. We just bring up an app and know we've got it.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I had a retail business back in the late 70's/early 80's and was one of the primary sponsors in our area for MSU baseball on a couple of local radio stations. Back then it had a huge radio network and unbelievable following. By far the most effective advertising money I ever spent.

gwadSIG

Aug 30, 2017
With Tune-in no longer a free option, hopefully the Varsity Network will be an alternative option.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login