2023-2024 basketball roster

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It always blows my mind when you see a productive college player who has good size for his position just be ignored for the NBA. I am not saying Tolu would be good in the NBA, just surprised he isnt viewed as good enough for the combine. I mean, look at some of the players in the combine- I would take Tolu over a lot of them if filling out the end of a bench or a GLeague team every day of the week. He works hard and doesnt cause issues.

6-11 245#, uses angles well, 15.7ppg, 8.5rpg, and 1st team All-SEC.
Ive read claims that he is limited to back to the basket play and so his pro career(wherever it may be) will be limited, but the number of centers who legitimately step out and shoot from deep is very small. Its basically some MVP and all-NBA level players.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Anyone know if Smith, Jeffries, or Davis plan to return next year?
The only thing I know is that the MSU pods are indicating the biggest risk for losing Tolu at this point would be another school putting together a NIL package for him, but most seem to be expecting him back. It also seems to be an either/or situation with him and McNair, and one or the other will leave.

It’s hard to keep up with eligibility stuff these days, but is my count right in that we’re for sure just losing 5? Russell, Hamilton, and I’m assuming McNair to the portal, then Reed and Stevenson due to lack of eligibility? If so, then there must be at least a couple more that Jans isn’t expecting back because we’ve got 5 incoming freshmen, 2 transfers, and at least 1 more they’re trying to land out of the portal

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The only thing I know is that the MSU pods are indicating the biggest risk for losing Tolu at this point would be another school putting together a NIL package for him, but most seem to be expecting him back. It also seems to be an either/or situation with him and McNair, and one or the other will leave.

It’s hard to keep up with eligibility stuff these days, but is my count right in that we’re for sure just losing 5? Russell, Hamilton, and I’m assuming McNair to the portal, then Reed and Stevenson due to lack of eligibility? If so, then there must be at least a couple more that Jans isn’t expecting back because we’ve got 5 incoming freshmen, 2 transfers, and at least 1 more they’re trying to land out of the portal
McNair redshirted his first year on campus at NMSU. So he redshirted, played 3, then transferred and played 1 at MSU. Thats 4 years plus the redshirt year,
He was a grad transfer from NMSU, so he could have gained immediate eligibility off the grad transfer rule rather than the 1 freebie rule...right?

If he cant double dip and get immediate eligibility twice, he is probably staying at MSU or moving on to post-college life...I would think.

Reactions: Seinfeld

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
There are some rumors of tampering going on with Tolu. As in he could end up in the transfer portal. But right now many think he will be back.

Jeffries and Davis have been rumored to be back.

Right now we are one over the limit and still pursuing Sellers from Ball State. If we get him, that means two people gotta go. Long been assumed that Tolu and McNair are an either/or proposition next year, that would be one of the two. But then someone else would have to transfer out as well.

We’ve signed Taylor, if we end up signing Sellers, that almost assuredly means one of our other guards is gone.

bsquared24

Jul 11, 2009
I’m thinking Sellers is in and therefore Davis will be out. The 3 transfers, Tolu, Cam, Hubbard, DJ from the bench, plus all the other athletes from last year, this team could be the best since Roberts and Powers crew.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login