Starkville
      University of Mississippi Logo
      Win
      Ole Miss
      Nov 23 (Thu)
      Starkville

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I keep hearing that it’s a favorable schedule, I frankly don’t see it at all. Four toss-ups on the road and two of our home games are Bama and LSU. You’re asking a lot of a first year head coach, there. Arkansas/A&M/Auburn should all be better and all three are on the road. And I really don’t like that road game at SC.

I’ve also seen people comparing this team to 2018 and I don’t at all see the same level of talent or returning experience.

I’ll take 7-5 or 8-4 in Year 1 of a new coach and be fine with it. Anything above that is a phenomenal year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I keep hearing that it’s a favorable schedule, I frankly don’t see it at all. Four toss-ups on the road and two of our home games are Bama and LSU. You’re asking a lot of a first year head coach, there. Arkansas/A&M/Auburn should all be better and all three are on the road. And I really don’t like that road game at SC.

I’ve also seen people comparing this team to 2018 and I don’t at all see the same level of talent or returning experience.

I’ll take 7-5 or 8-4 in Year 1 of a new coach and be fine with it. Anything above that is a phenomenal year.
I agree. That's a typically tough schedule for us. I'm picking 7-5, with or without a new coach. Road games at A&M, Arkansas and South Carolina are going to be tough, and I don't see us beating Bama or LSU. Egg Bowl will be a tough game, but I'm picking us to win this one.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

It's only favorable if we have a team with the talent to make big a big run. Hard games at home, tossups on the road. Basically, it's what has to happen if we want to ever get above 10 wins. You essentially have to look at whether or not you're good enough to beat Bama or LSU at home, and have an off game on the road and still beat an Auburn or Texas A&M. I know, I know, hard to fathom ever having that type of team at MSU, but they come around once in a while. If our 2014 team had the 2015 team's schedule, we might could have done it.

If we're not a good team, I would agree, we want the even year schedule where we have our best shot to get 8-9 wins, maybe 10.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I mean we have a three week stretch of LSU, @South Carolina, and Bama. That’s ROUGH. As is the four week stretch of @Arkansas, @Auburn, Kentucky, @A&M.

I’m not as worried about playing USM right before the Egg Bowl as some are but I do think Arizona is a sneaky early season nonconference game. They are steadily improving under their current coach.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login