2023 football schedule to be released tonight

patdog

May 28, 2007
Wow, that's a 10-win schedule. We won't win 10, but damn, that's the easiest SEC West + P5 mandate schedule I've ever seen.

Edit: I'm not complaining. It's about time we got an easy schedule.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Wow, that's a 10-win schedule. We won't win 10, but damn, that's the easiest SEC West + P5 mandate schedule I've ever seen.

With our luck, we’ll finally get this type of schedule and it will all go to hell in a handbasket when UT / OU decide to jump in early….and they’ll have to reconfigure the whole thing. We even get Bama at home the year after Bryce Young departs….which is about the best we can ask for there.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They're not coming until 2024. Possibly not until 2025. These grant of rights deals are a lot harder to get out of than a lot of people think.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
They're not coming until 2024. Possibly not until 2025. These grant of rights deals are a lot harder to get out of than a lot of people think.

I think that all depends on the Big 12’s next TV deal and if they are able to get a jump on the PAC 12 in locking down their new arrangement. If they are, they may have to let them go early to keep them from voting against potential expansion teams that will add value to that contract.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree. Right now, it's not looking like that's going to happen for next year. It'll be interesting to see what ESPN's role in this is. Will they want to make deals with both conferences and keep them both going, or make a bigger deal with one and trigger a mass raid of the most desirable schools from the other?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012

Unfortunately it comes in a year where we have to replace about 7 starters on defense and the majority of our OL. Would love to have that schedule with this year’s team.

patdog

May 28, 2007
No doubt. But, it's a good schedule to have with a bunch of new starters too. Should get a winning record at minimum.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
My "Ragey Optimism" says 11-1 (Only loss *might* be Bama)

I fully expect a CFP bid

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
I must say that's a good OCC schedule.

Warm up game to kick off.
PAC 12 at home
Decent G5 to keep things interesting
USM to continue to keep things interesting. (Although I'm sure gun season starts that day)

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
To my knowledge, the only player on the oline who can't come back is Sharp. Smith, Jones and Dolla have their Covid years and none are good enough to leave. Jones is a Jr and Reese is a Fr. Plus Lewis will have a year under his belt. DL could get a good bit back, but it's questionable. Pickering and Young have Covid years, who knows if Crumedy will stay out and get a medical hardship, Russell is back, and you have Trevion Williams and Anderson as young guys with a lot of talent. With both Russell's, Williams and Anderson, we have may pash rushers than we do playing on the DL this year. All the receivers sans Ducking and Williams, the qb and rb's are back.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login