2023 is setting up to be a special year

Spike 80DF

Sep 2, 2012
I know people are in their feelings about tonight’s loss, but things are much better than they appear. If we play tonight’s game 50 times, we probably lose all 50, but they aren’t the Alabama team we are accustomed to. I think the transfer portal has really 17ed with their bench strength.

We lose very little on both offense and defense after this season. Forbes is obviously a tough loss, but I can’t think of anyone else on either side of the ball that is irreplaceable. With the transfer portal, I’m sure we will have some unexpected departures, but we will also probably have some unexpected arrivals.

Let’s look at next year’s schedule:
SELA - easy W

Arizona - should be easy W

LSU- toughest game on the schedule. Probably a loss

@ USCe - Williams Bryce is the most underrated venue in the SEC. This will be a challenging road game, but we should be favored

Alabama - this will be the worst Alabama team since 2007 unless they do something special in the transfer portal. Millrow doesn’t have it. I’m sure we will still be a double digit underdog, but for the first time in a long time I feel somewhat optimistic about this one

Western Michigan - easy W

@ Arkansas - this team has been a fraud for the past two years. It’s never easy to win on the road at Arkansas, but should have last year and should next year

@ Auburn - they will almost definitely have a new coach and will be trying to figure out their identity. Jordan-Hare is weird as **** though, but I like our chances

Kentucky - new QB. Revenge. Will beat that ***

@ aTm - may have a new coach, but even if they don’t, their 5 stars are soft as baby ****. Very winnable

USM - should be an easy W

Ole Miss- who the 17 knows. They play the transfer portal better than anyone and may have the best overrated team money can buy.

The floor is probably 8-4, but the ceiling feels really high. I’m no Stallion, but I think we are definitely on the rise.

Pmack2319

Sep 29, 2022
I know people are in their feelings about tonight’s loss, but things are much better than they appear. If we play tonight’s game 50 times, we probably lose all 50, but they aren’t the Alabama team we are accustomed to. I think the transfer portal has really 17ed with their bench strength.

We lose very little on both offense and defense after this season. Forbes is obviously a tough loss, but I can’t think of anyone else on either side of the ball that is irreplaceable. With the transfer portal, I’m sure we will have some unexpected departures, but we will also probably have some unexpected arrivals.

SELA - easy W

@ USCe - Williams Bryce is the most underrated venue in the SEC. This will be a challenging road game, but we should be favored

Alabama - this will be the worst Alabama team since 2007 unless they do something special in the transfer portal. Millrow doesn’t have it. I’m sure we will still be a double digit underdog, but for the first time in a long time I feel somewhat optimistic about this one

@ Arkansas - this team has been a fraud for the past two years. It’s never easy to win on the road at Arkansas, but should have last year and should next year

@ Auburn - they will almost definitely have a new coach and will be trying to figure out their identity. Jordan-Hare is weird as **** though, but I like our chances

@ aTm - may have a new coach, but even if they don’t, their 5 stars are soft as baby ****. Very winnable

Ole Miss- who the 17 knows. They play the transfer portal better than anyone and may have the best overrated team money can buy.

The floor is probably 8-4, but the ceiling feels really high. I’m no Stallion, but I think we are definitely on the rise.
Sorry I thought I’ve read several times prior that this was our year, so now we’ve got to wait (again) till next year. Unfortunately the result won’t be any different.

Spike 80DF

Sep 2, 2012
Nothing can be counted as a win because we don't win games we are favored in
Mississippi State’s regular season record will range from 0-12 to 12-0. Please note that games may be canceled or added due to weather, COVID, or other unforeseen circumstances.

Does that prediction feel more comfortable to you?

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah.. You know this whole "Leach is the blame for my whole life" spill gets old. But I get it. You need to blame somebody for something because dang it!!!! we should beat the team that recruits the 1 or 2 class every year!

I'm sure everybody will agree with you.
Hell, I'm not recruiting poorly. I'm not against using the portal. I'm not coaching it or allowing it as Leach has said coaches do. Who should I blame? And I don't care about the AL game so much except the offense sucked and we didn't compete, but Arkansas, A&M, TN, & TX had no trouble giving AL a game. I get it, a lot of folks in this board just don't care. That's fine. Put me in timeout in your view of the board and you don't have to read.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003

SELA - easy W

It depends on how well we do in recruiting and what we gain/lose in the transfer portal. Until we step up recruiting all middle of the road SEC games are toss-ups for us, and those against the top 4 or 5 teams will almost always be sure losses.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

SELA - easy W

RE: USCe Our Special Teams vs Beamer Ball, what could go wrong?**

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010

SELA - easy W

Give it a rest, buddy. Next year will be just like this one. Everyone will get all hyped from the media friendly practice reports. We’ll hear about how stout and deep the defense is and how sharp Rodgers is. The season will start, and we’ll all realize we still have the same old mediocre talent, who lays turds against better than average teams. Rinse and repeat.

Most toss ups are on the road, so probably another 6-6 or 7-5 season. 7 is probably your ceiling.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You don't think we are losing a lot of our talent off the lines ? A few safeties ? I'm not sure who still has their super senior eligibility or whatever they call it. Im very curious who will be leaving and who will return.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The floor is much lower than 8-4. Be prepared for another 5-7 win season.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Hell, I'm not recruiting poorly. I'm not against using the portal. I'm not coaching it or allowing it as Leach has said coaches do. Who should I blame? And I don't care about the AL game so much except the offense sucked and we didn't compete, but Arkansas, A&M, TN, & TX had no trouble giving AL a game. I get it, a lot of folks in this board just don't care. That's fine. Put me in timeout in your view of the board and you don't have to read.
Neither is Leach. We signed 12 four stars last year. 6 out of HS and 6 in the portal. So your point is kinda not reality. Not putting you in time out. It's no fun that way.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Give it a rest, buddy. Next year will be just like this one. Everyone will get all hyped from the media friendly practice reports. We’ll hear about how stout and deep the defense is and how sharp Rodgers is. The season will start, and we’ll all realize we still have the same old mediocre talent, who lays turds against better than average teams. Rinse and repeat.

Most toss ups are on the road, so probably another 6-6 or 7-5 season. 7 is probably your ceiling.
This!!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Seems to me like next year is rebuilding again, just hope to get to 6-6. We lose a lot of age/starters. But who knows, younger guys may be more talented.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'm not crystal clear on who all may have an option to return next season due to the covid year, but based on depth chart classification, we have an absolute boatload of SR and GR players that will likely be departing after this year.

Williams and Ducking at WR, the entire O line with the exception of Nick Jones, our entire 2 deep D line except Russel, our entire starting LB corp + Timbs, our top 3 safeties and then most likely Forbes to the NFL. Oh, also both kickers and both punters

This year was supposed to the special year, and that's why so many posters such as myself are not accepting the "ho hum, it's tough to play @ LSU and UK guys". Assuming Leach is still around, it will be a minimum of 3 years before he gets another opportunity like this

Reactions: patdog
Oct 17, 2022
i think We go ny6 bowl next year. The schedule is very similar to what the powder blue cream puffs had this year. The trolls will have to find a rock to crawl under. That’s not praising leach that’s just how much difference an easy schedule makes

Dec 23, 2017
Bammer's QB of the future is Ty Simpson, a 5-star. His Dad is the HFC at UT Martin. Is he a Bryce Young, no but he is a Mac Jones 2.0.

was21

May 29, 2007

SELA - easy W

Sounds familiar: Is it kind of like wait till next year? Just asking for a friend.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This year was supposed to the special year, and that's why so many posters such as myself are not accepting the "ho hum, it's tough to play @ LSU and UK guys". Assuming Leach is still around, it will be a minimum of 3 years before he gets another opportunity like this
Get this, but with Will Rogers at QB, thinking about anything better than 8-4 was a little far-fetched. And I don't want to hate on the guy, I really don't. It's just....reality.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Neither is Leach. We signed 12 four stars last year. 6 out of HS and 6 in the portal. So your point is kinda not reality. Not putting you in time out. It's no fun that way.

Go look where we finished in recruiting in our conference. Even our division. Then tell me how much better it is. It's basically Mullen level and from what people say, Mullen couldn't recruit. Currently we're just inside the top 40 this year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

I too remember when I was young and naive, and actually thought that college football coaching staffs were the ones mostly responsible for the caliber of players that were signed. The reality - they affect the decisions these kids make by about 10% at most. The other 90% of recruiting is controlled by those with no official ties to the football program.

This year, our talent is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than 4 teams on the SEC schedule (LSU, Bama, UGA, A&M) a little bit lower than 1 team (Auburn), and about the same or maybe a negligible amount less than 3 other teams (OM, Ark, UK). Unfortunately, two of those 3 are on the road. In other words, we take the field against 8 teams, and we are the most talented team in ZERO of those games. Period. Winning 3 or 4 when you are never the more talented team means the coaching is competent.

Like someone said a few weeks back, Leach is neither the problem nor the solution. You write a check for $1 million to our boosters for recruiting? Guess what, drop in the bucket. Might get us in the top 20 for one recruiting cycle but won’t do **** beyond that. That’s how big the gap is. We need literally 8 figures per year, EVERY year, more than we have available just to get to NY6 level….let alone CFP or SEC champion level.

But you know what, you write the check for a million, and you can keep bitching about Leach for as long as that money lasts. Otherwise, kindly STFU and realize that nothing you are saying is new or different from anything else that needle dick MSU naysayers have been spewing for 15+ years after 6-8 win seasons.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I too remember when I was young and naive, and actually thought that college football coaching staffs were the ones mostly responsible for the caliber of players that were signed. The reality - they affect the decisions these kids make by about 10% at most. The other 90% of recruiting is controlled by those with no official ties to the football program.

This year, our talent is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than 4 teams on the SEC schedule (LSU, Bama, UGA, A&M) a little bit lower than 1 team (Auburn), and about the same or maybe a negligible amount less than 3 other teams (OM, Ark, UK). Unfortunately, two of those 3 are on the road. In other words, we take the field against 8 teams, and we are the most talented team in ZERO of those games. Period. Winning 3 or 4 when you are never the more talented team means the coaching is competent.

Like someone said a few weeks back, Leach is neither the problem nor the solution. You write a check for $1 million to our boosters for recruiting? Guess what, drop in the bucket. Might get us in the top 20 for one recruiting cycle but won’t do **** beyond that. That’s how big the gap is. We need literally 8 figures per year, EVERY year, more than we have available just to get to NY6 level….let alone CFP or SEC champion level.

But you know what, you write the check for a million, and you can keep bitching about Leach for as long as that money lasts. Otherwise, kindly STFU and realize that nothing you are saying is new or different from anything else that needle dick MSU naysayers have been spewing for 15+ years after 6-8 win seasons.

I never realized I had to be a millionaire to be a fan. Damn what a take. Have you given your million? Should I devalue your take? Damn

patdog

May 28, 2007
You’ll never let go of 2020 will you? That’s an equivalent of a 6-6 season with a regular schedule.
Your assuming a win at a ranked NC State team to get to 6-6. Not likely, but possible.

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I never realized I had to be a millionaire to be a fan. Damn what a take. Have you given your million? Should I devalue your take? Damn

Didn’t say you had to give a million to be a fan. But you or somebody should find a way to get us a crap ton more money than we have currently before you can make any merit based argument that coaching is what’s keeping us in the 6-8 win stratosphere that we’ve been in since 2010. Or you can keep being an idiot for free. Your choice.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login