2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Joyce made it 😍

Maddie looks ready to go
Totally clueless. What and where is the SB Tournament? Last year she made several trips to the West Coast during May. Generally once June rolls around You have HS underclass players doing unofficials here in Columbia.

2025 is going to be a heavy traveling year for the staff recruiting wise, of the 30 or so 5* uncommitted players 1 from Florida, Prawl and she has an offer. 1 from Kentucky,Johnson and she has an offer. 1 from Virginia decommitted from UT. 1 from Tennessee who I do not think we have offered. No real in the neighborhood or just up the road talent this cycle.
From the clips & games I’ve watched, I really like Prawl’s game & court demeanor. Seems underrated to me at #16. Glad she has an offer. Seems like a great recruit for Breezy’s spot / role.

Last edited:

PFUNK Cock

Joined Mar 28, 2004 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
I am watching the Fever 🆚Liberty game and their main problem are guards not running offense. Mitchell especially. The players In the post rarely touch the ball on offense

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I am watching the Fever 🆚Liberty game and their main problem are guards not running offense. Mitchell especially. The players In the post rarely touch the ball on offense
I watched it as well. The guards could have got it inside more, but Boston was more aggressive. She just missed a lot of finishes inside. Boston had a lot of trouble finishing over Jones and Stewart. She got denied a couple times by them. Then the shot clock ran out on Boston a couple times while she was pump faking trying to get them off their feet. Also, Indiana's defense was atrocious. They won't win 10 games this year with defense like that. Kind of feel for them starting the season with Connecticut, a back-to-back with the Liberty, and Connecticut again, but they have to give better defensive effort than what they displayed last night. Finally, I wouldn't say it much because I didn't feel like being labeled a Caitlin hater, but she has to round out her game for this level or there will be a lot of uneven nights like the one she just had. Playing in the WNBA is like going against a South Carolina level scout and players every game. Your weaknesses will be exposed. People that know basketball are aware that Caitlin wants to shoot all of her jump shots wide open or drifting left and from 3 point range. Therefore, she is rarely a threat at the rim and is no threat at all in the mid-range. The Fever are running a lot of off-ball screens, but all of them are starting from the right side of the floor going left. Easy to scout by a professional team. Teams will just have Caitlin's defender lock and trail that and a big will hedge to Caitlin until her defender recovers.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I watched it as well. The guards could have got it inside more, but Boston was more aggressive. She just missed a lot of finishes inside. Boston had a lot of trouble finishing over Jones and Stewart. She got denied a couple times by them. Then the shot clock ran out on Boston a couple times while she was pump faking trying to get them off their feet. Also, Indiana's defense was atrocious. They won't win 10 games this year with defense like that. Kind of feel for them starting the season with Connecticut, a back-to-back with the Liberty, and Connecticut again, but they have to give better defensive effort than what they displayed last night. Finally, I wouldn't say it much because I didn't feel like being labeled a Caitlin hater, but she has to round out her game for this level or there will be a lot of uneven nights like the one she just had. Playing in the WNBA is like going against a South Carolina level scout and players every game. Your weaknesses will be exposed. People that know basketball are aware that Caitlin wants to shoot all of her jump shots wide open or drifting left and from 3 point range. Therefore, she is rarely a threat at the rim and is no threat at all in the mid-range. The Fever are running a lot of off-ball screens, but all of them are starting from the right side of the floor going left. Easy to scout by a professional team. Teams will just have Caitlin's defender lock and trail that and a big will hedge to Caitlin until her defender recovers.
Clark is a talent but the WNBA is just another world. I’m not a hater either, Iowa/Bluder just did not prepare her for the W like UConn or the Gamecocks would have. The B1G is not nearly as physical as the SEC.

Clark is not getting the preferential treatment from the refs she got in college. You breathed on her hard or looked at her odd and it was a foul.

Teams are also forcing her to play defense. While she is not HVL bad, she is not a good defender. She is having difficulty with screens in the 2 player game. She has had 9 fouls called on her in 2 games. Rarely did she get that many called on her in a month. Because, well, Bluder didn’t make her play D.

Iowa’s run and gun highlighted her passing gifts in the open court and advantage situations. Being forced into nitty gritty half court games has exposed her weaknesses as a ball handler and passer

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Tenn board says Dauda is down to them and Baylor. They also think they are in it with Barker. They honestly think they are in it with everyone so take this how you want.

I’m my mind I feel like Barker thought she was going to be a hotter commodity than she
ended up being. Call me crazy but I could see her being swayed to come help build Tenn back into a powerhouse if she didn’t get the responses she wanted when she entered the portal.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
Tenn board says Dauda is down to them and Baylor. They also think they are in it with Barker. They honestly think they are in it with everyone so take this how you want.

I’m my mind I feel like Barker thought she was going to be a hotter commodity than she
ended up being. Call me crazy but I could see her being swayed to come help build Tenn back into a powerhouse if she didn’t get the responses she wanted when she entered the portal.
That might be the case but this information seems to be coming from one source. WER. :ROFLMAO:

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022

good player with lots of untapped potential. not worth the potential headache and drama unless you're desperate

PFUNK Cock

Jan 17, 2022
Clark is a talent but the WNBA is just another world. I’m not a hater either, Iowa/Bluder just did not prepare her for the W like UConn or the Gamecocks would have. The B1G is not nearly as physical as the SEC.

Clark is not getting the preferential treatment from the refs she got in college. You breathed on her hard or looked at her odd and it was a foul.

Teams are also forcing her to play defense. While she is not HVL bad, she is not a good defender. She is having difficulty with screens in the 2 player game. She has had 9 fouls called on her in 2 games. Rarely did she get that many called on her in a month. Because, well, Bluder didn’t make her play D.

Iowa’s run and gun highlighted her passing gifts in the open court and advantage situations. Being forced into nitty gritty half court games has exposed her weaknesses as a ball handler and passer
This is exactly what I have been saying for months now. The WNBA is a different breed and those players are more hungry. They play with a passion and a desire to prove their metal.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Caitlin has played just a couple of games in the WNBA. She just finished up college just a few weeks prior. She is still the best thing to EVER happen to Women's College Basketball and the WNBA.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Caitlin has played just a couple of games in the WNBA. She just finished up college just a few weeks prior. She is still the best thing to EVER happen to Women's College Basketball and the WNBA.
sad chris crocker GIF

Sharris

Joined Mar 22, 2016
Jan 31, 2022

Clearly not dealing in reality. She can and should be a solid pro, but she she has much work to do on both sides of the ball to reach the all star game much less all star player. WNBA games are diplaying what the vets stated before she got to the league, and everyone thought they were just being jealous.

Reactions: cockyclt

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Clearly not dealing in reality. She can and should be a solid pro, but she she has much work to do on both sides of the ball to reach the all star game much less all star player. WNBA games are diplaying what the vets stated before she got to the league, and everyone thought they were just being jealous.
Someone is determined.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022

There is a German idiom

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
Translated “Beginnings are difficult.”

It’s a new world for Clark. She is painfully and publicly learning that her game, right now, is a C+ or B- in the W. She will eventually be an all star and maybe even rep the USA in the Olympics. But right now she is an apprentice needing to learn her craft.

Your Caitlin fetish sounds like a 13 year old girl who puts up boy band posters on the ceiling over her bed, so she can pleasure herself before sleeping. It also insults a multitude of those who have gone before her.

A little humility such as Sir Isaac Newton would serve you and Caitlin well,

“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”

Last edited:

Skuddy

Feb 23, 2022
There is a German idiom

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
Translated “Beginnings are difficult.”

It’s a new world for Clark. She is painfully and publicly learning that her game, right now, is a C+ or B- in the W. She will eventually be an all star and maybe even rep the USA in the Olympics. But right now she is an apprentice needing to learn her craft.

Your Caitlin fetish sounds like a 13 year old girl who puts up boy band posters on the ceiling over her bed, so she can pleasure herself before sleeping. It also insults a multitude of those who have gone before her.

A little humility such as Sir Isaac Newton would serve you and Caitlin well,

“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
ice share GIF

• Haha
Reactions: winloseortie

PFUNK Cock

Jan 17, 2022
This is going to be a trial by baptism for the Indiana Fever. Clark has another 8 turnovers game working. They have shown signs of life but a rough schedule to start the season playing Connecticut, and Liberty back to back. Just no room for error and the turnovers from a point guard should not be double figures per game .

Reactions: Goody

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Joyce made the U18 team. Maddy did not but I imagine that was a tall task coming off of injury.

Players and where they are committed

Betts-class of 25 UCLA
Davidson- class of 25 uncommitted. We have offered and Dawn just loves her game.
Edwards- Gamecock
Francis-class of 25. No offer from us as far as i know.
Heckel- USCw point guard
Johnson- class of 25 uncommitted from KY. We have offered and are pushing hard
Lee-Texas
Macy- class of 25. ND
McGill-Florida point guard
Roberson-Duke
Smith-USCw
Strong-UConn

Betts is the only true post.

Edwards, Roberson and Stong play the 4. Expect Roberson and Edwards to also play the post during the tournament.

Francis and Macy play the 3

Davidson, Smirh, Lee, and Johnson play the 2. All are 6’0” and could easily play the 3

Heckel and McGill are the PGs. Heckel#13 McDaniel#14 and McGill#15 are all listed as 5’9”. The 3 tallest PGs invited. All are considered 3 level scorers with speed.

Chloe became almost inseparable from Edwards last year during U19 camp and tournament. Hoping Edwards becomes very good friends with Davidson, Johnson and Francis.

Last edited:

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
Following the new reel on the wnba league pass page, the word from the Pheonix beat writers is Kiki is now considered one of their top 8 players and should expect to see considerable minutes throughout the season
I met Adhel up close at the new film on WBB and follow her on social media. She is physically impressive and has looked good from what I’ve seen on film. She’s very sharp. I think she is going to be very good. She is big and appears to be in great shape. I heard Dawn talk about asking a question regarding strategy and the only one that answered or first was Adhel.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Joyce made the U18 team. Maddy did not but I imagine that was a tall task coming off of injury.

Do you know if she actually participated? I ask because she dressed out at the all-star games but didn't play. USA basketball will sometimes invite injured players because they want them to be a part of the program.

Even though Maddie didn't make it, if she was actually out there doing basketball things, that's a good sign for the upcoming season.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Do you know if she actually participated? I ask because she dressed out at the all-star games but didn't play. USA basketball will sometimes invite injured players because they want them to be a part of the program.

Even though Maddie didn't make it, if she was actually out there doing basketball things, that's a good sign for the upcoming season.
Have no idea if she participated, but this was an odd positional camp. 7 point guards brought into camp, 4 HS juniors, who were all on the smaller side, plus the 3 I already mentioned. Jaloni Cambridge did not even get an invite. She could have just not been available but it is noticeable.
And then they only took 2 PGs.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Have no idea if she participated, but this was an odd positional camp. 7 point guards brought into camp, 4 HS juniors, who were all on the smaller side, plus the 3 I already mentioned. Jaloni Cambridge did not even get an invite. She could have just not been available but it is noticeable.
And then they only took 2 PGs.
Yes, all those point guards made me wonder if Maddie was ever a viable option. Like she was just invited for her future potential with USA basketball. But if that's the case, why wasn't Cambridge there?

Isn't Moran the coach? Maybe she's looking to flood the court with shooters. Strong makes that easier. Thus the limited number of true posts and point guards. I agree that Joyce will play a lot at the 5. She needs to be on the court with Strong in crunch time.

Reactions: winloseortie

GarnetGhost

Joined Apr 22, 2014
Jan 18, 2022
Can we possibly have a separate thread for the WNBA and Caitlin worship? Some of us simply have no interest in CC and little interest in the WNBA. It is bad enough that the most dominant CWBB team over the last 7 or 8 years can only muster a single thread while other women's teams have entire forums. But now we have to wade through WNBA and CC posts to get news on the Gamecock women's BB team.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Yes, all those point guards made me wonder if Maddie was ever a viable option. Like she was just invited for her future potential with USA basketball. But if that's the case, why wasn't Cambridge there?

Isn't Moran the coach? Maybe she's looking to flood the court with shooters. Strong makes that easier. Thus the limited number of true posts and point guards. I agree that Joyce will play a lot at the 5. She needs to be on the court with Strong in crunch time.
Yes, Moren from Indiana is the coach and Ivey from ND and Fernandez from South Florida are the assistants. It appears shooters rule on the Roster. Even the bigs except Betts can shoot.

Reactions: DarkCock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Can we possibly have a separate thread for the WNBA and Caitlin worship? Some of us simply have no interest in CC and little interest in the WNBA. It is bad enough that the most dominant CWBB team over the last 7 or 8 years can only muster a single thread while other women's teams have entire forums. But now we have to wade through WNBA and CC posts to get news on the Gamecock women's BB team.
I think this is carry-over from a great college season in which our streak and Clark's eminence were stories joined at the hip. Then Clark winds up on a pro team with one of our greatest former players. I expect this WNBA interest on this thread to cool somewhat, especially as the coming college season approaches.

Latest posts