2024 CFB Win Totals

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I haven' seen this posted anywhere. I'm putting state at 5.5. I think we win the OOC and Ark (that's 5), will need to beat one of UF/OM/TAMU to get to 6. I'm concerned TAMU has a competent coach now though. Could start out 4-0 (that includes beating UF) and get some nice momentum.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think our over/under will be closer to 4.5. We have a lot of rebuilding to do & very inexperienced coaching staff. And a tougher schedule than the last 2 years.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Based on this past season records I think 6-6. I don't see Florida or Arkansas getting any better and we get them at home. A&M are going to be better than they have been in a while. They are loaded with talent, and they now have a good coach bringing in Fresh breath of air. Their schedule lines up like OLe MIss.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Next year is going to be difficult. It can't be underestimated how difficult it is to completely replace an OL AND implement a new blocking scheme. OL play is all about repetition and experience (and of course talent too). Even if the new system is good, it always takes time for an OL to gel. That's my primary concern for the offense.

Defensively, we are a complete unknown. First time our DC will be running a defense and calling plays and we replace just about everyone. We are gonna need several of our JUCO defensive players to hit if we want to be even average on that side of the ball.

Overall, I feel comfortable predicting 5 wins. 6 wouldn't shock me, but I'm not sure that we will beat both Arky and Florida. Outside of those and the non con games, I would expect us to be at least a touchdown underdog in the remaining games.

Reactions: Mr. Cook and patdog

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
As I've said before, we go 6-6, then plan on dancing in the streets!

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
As I've said before, we go 6-6, then plan on dancing in the streets!

We’ll see. I’m slightly more realistic.

Whatever the result, this board will run out in the street

No “All I see is three wins” statement? **

Scrolling up the thread…

I think Vegas will have our O/U at 4.5 or 5

Probably 4.5

I’m thinking State likely goes 4-8 but I’d really like the team to prove me wrong.

Edit to add:

Ah. There it is. And I doubted @Mr. Cook

IMG_8860.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr. Cook

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Next year is going to be difficult. It can't be underestimated how difficult it is to completely replace an OL AND implement a new blocking scheme. OL play is all about repetition and experience (and of course talent too). Even if the new system is good, it always takes time for an OL to gel. That's my primary concern for the offense.

Defensively, we are a complete unknown. First time our DC will be running a defense and calling plays and we replace just about everyone. We are gonna need several of our JUCO defensive players to hit if we want to be even average on that side of the ball.

Overall, I feel comfortable predicting 5 wins. 6 wouldn't shock me, but I'm not sure that we will beat both Arky and Florida. Outside of those and the non con games, I would expect us to be at least a touchdown underdog in the remaining games.
Well said, let's hope the coaches are already working with the players to get the offense and defense installed. The OL will determine the type of season we have on offense. Spring ball has never been more important than this year. I wish Hugh Freeze would get his wish and we could play another team for the spring game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login