2024 Hail State baseball...

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Hosting at a minimum. You can't allow an inept coach to lower your expectations. It makes their job easier when you expect less

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
The goal of every season is to host a regional. But, it’s hard to say “host or else” because we could have an injury or two take that off the table.

We need to be squarely in the tournament all year. If we’re flirting with the Bubble - injuries or not - it won’t go well.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Not acceptable, but one should expect to look like a mediocre big ten club.
We're a long way from that. But if he's able to pull that off expect a 2025 season. You know....kick the can down the road.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Make a regional, fix the stupid little league errors, get a pitching coach that can recruit and develop regardless of how much we have to pay him to come here.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
The goal of every season is to host a regional. But, it’s hard to say “host or else” because we could have an injury or two take that off the table.

There are mutiple SEC teams that will be hosting this year that had an injury or two this season. How is that you ask? Player Evaluation, Recruiting, and Development.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I expect us to be more able to compete with our opponents. Competent pitching and solid defense are the biggest needs. I don't want to look like the Keystone cops fielding the ball. Our team needs to get their balls back, so they are not accepting getting run-ruled in so many games. They started showing some signs of life at the end of the season, and I hope they continue to do that.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
If the minimum is hosting he better find some talented players. This past season was the least talented roster since Polk 2 era.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Change of subject, if they are going to pull the hammer on the coach when will it happen?

Oct 20, 2022
Be competitive in every game - no run rule games next season. Make and win a regional. Look like a lot of practice hours have been spent working on fundamentals.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
There better be some fungoes cracking overtime in the fall! Also, bucket boy better be casting some magic spells in the portal. He is on borrowed time.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I just want to be competitive again. I'm sick of being run-ruled like a horrible little league team

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I support whatever results in the least amount of $$$ being dumped into a niche sport.
Why is everyone so consumed with this? There are no shareholders. The primary reason it’s great football and MBK make money is because it pays for the other sports.

So I genuinely ask what would we really gain by just having profitable sports?

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Why is everyone so consumed with this? There are no shareholders. The primary reason it’s great football and MBK make money is because it pays for the other sports.

So I genuinely ask what would we really gain by just having profitable sports?

Think Little Man GIF by MOODMAN

What do we gain by not losing money?

• Angry

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I like playing for and winning national championships as well as bringing people to campus so I’m good with putting money into these programs. But you didn’t answer the question.
I was in Omaha Sunday - Thursday in ‘21, spent a **** ton of money and cried like a baby when we won. I get it. I’ve always understood MSU baseball and what it means. But in my opinion there’s a line we shouldn’t cross as far as investment & financial resources for baseball & WBB.

Why? Because winning a national title or 3 national titles in baseball & WBB honestly doesn’t make much of an impact. No one outside of Mississippi knows who won the CWS in ‘21. No one really cares. It loses money & if we’re dumping money into baseball it’s money that quite frankly should go towards football. The bitching and complaining about football and where it’s headed is understandable, but not fully investing in football would have far more devastating effects on the university and Starkville as a whole as opposed to not investing enough in baseball.

The 2014 football season had a much bigger and positive impact on the university and Starkville than the 2021 CWS championship.

I know the cool thing to do on here and say woe is MSU, we’ll never compete in football! Well we averaged 8 wins a season from 2010-2022 (COVID season removed) What would happen if we pumped more resources and attention in the program like other SEC schools?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I’m
I was in Omaha Sunday - Thursday in ‘21, spent a **** ton of money and cried like a baby when we won. I get it. I’ve always understood MSU baseball and what it means. But in my opinion there’s a line we shouldn’t cross as far as investment & financial resources for baseball & WBB.

Why? Because winning a national title or 3 national titles in baseball & WBB honestly doesn’t make much of an impact. No one outside of Mississippi knows who won the CWS in ‘21. No one really cares. It loses money & if we’re dumping money into baseball it’s money that quite frankly should go towards football. The bitching and complaining about football and where it’s headed is understandable, but not fully investing in football would have far more devastating effects on the university and Starkville as a whole as opposed to not investing enough in baseball.

The 2014 football season had a much bigger and positive impact on the university and Starkville than the 2021 CWS championship.

I know the cool thing to do on here and say woe is MSU, we’ll never compete in football! Well we averaged 8 wins a season from 2010-2022 (COVID season removed) What would happen if we pumped more resources and attention in the program like other SEC schools?
ok but again. Does juicing the football profit at the expense of programs that win (which is ultimately what this is about. That and student recruiting/university growth) actually move the needle in making FB a better? And if so, how? We aren’t hiring better coaches. We don’t lose coaches bc of salary.

If you want to be upset about money direct your attention to Cohen stashing away cash during low interest rate periods for a $60 mill cosmetic job to a program that hasn’t been to a sweet 16 since 1996

Last edited:

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I’m

ok but again. Does juicing the football profit at the expense of programs that win (which is ultimately what this is about. That and student recruiting/university growth) actually move the needle in making FB a better? And if so, how? We aren’t hiring better coaches. We don’t lose coaches bc of salary.

I you want to be upset about money direct your attention to Cohen stashing away cash during low interest rate periods for a $60 mill cosmetic job to a program that hasn’t been to a sweet 16 since 1996
I mean Football… wins? Sure as **** winning more than baseball right now. I’m more concerned with football recruiting budget than anything.

I am pissed at Cohen primarily because his first NIL push/initiative was solely for the baseball program. Which is asinine the more and more you think about it.

to me, your stance and others is that putting money into football as opposed to pumping up baseball is a waste. My argument is the opposite. Baseball will always be fine at MSU, we will always have the fan support, the resources, the recruiting. The program recruits its self. It’s hardly struggled the last 50 years. Why would we try to do more at the expense of the one program that needs it most? The one program that is responsible for keeping the athletic program afloat. I know this is crazy, but I think we can do more with football. It’ll take full commitment from a resources standpoint to get there

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I mean Football… wins? Sure as **** winning more than baseball right now. I’m more concerned with football recruiting budget than anything.

I am pissed at Cohen primarily because his first NIL push/initiative was solely for the baseball program. Which is asinine the more and more you think about it.
OM spent $1 million more in recruiting than us and finished right where we did in the 5 year composite. But I dont think we spent that amount bc we didn’t have the money.

And the first NIL deal was baseball bc it was Lee Van Horns disaster. And he had been with baseball. Cohen probably had nothing to do with it. He killed us in the NIL space. Once he realized he needed to be doing something is when he left. Along with realizing his baseball hire was a failure.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login