2024 Paris Olympics

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I can be an insufferable cynic at times, but I have thoroughly enjoyed these Olympics. Paris did a great job hosting and the competition was scintillating.

* Katie Ledecky
* Leon Marchand
* US Women's Rugby and Soccer and both Volleyball teams
* USA Basketball dominance tested, but resilient
* All the unbelievable T&F performances. SML, Quincy Hall, Gabby Thomas, Cole Hocker, the US 400 meter relay teams, the high jump battle, Duplantis pole vaulting the moon, TDW jumping long etc etc
* The African female runner for the Netherlands who bronzed in the 5k and 10k and then turned around and won the marathon in a bumping sprint finish this morning. Unbelievable!! (Her name is Sifan Hassan)
* There's much more, but that's good for now.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
The organization of the streams in the Peacock app and the Gold Zone channel coverage were great, had it on in the background pretty much all day the past couple weeks.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I watched. Swimming and track and field are my favs but I watched others. I even watched table tennis, something I used to play in the tin gym at State against students from all over the world. We have a few friends who live in Paris and they fled to escape the crowds. One stayed behind, went to games every day and kept sending us little videos of events. Dude had a blast.

Reactions: She Mate Me

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It’s been great. The performance by Hassan may be the most impressive. She’s run two sub 15 minute 5ks (including the heat race), 30 minute 10k, and sets an Olympic record winning the gold in the marathon.

While all the other marathoners have been going thru a two week taper period, she was racing (and beating most) of the worlds best 5k & 10k runners.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
And this guy...

Mijain Lopez. Greco Roman wrestler. Only winner of 5 consecutive gold medals in a single individual Olympic event. 6'5", 290 lbs and the owner of a massive...heart
17229977939571.jpg

Reactions: The Fatboy

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Coverage and the athletics was great. Probably best overall performance by us in a while. Ladies killed it. Men won a lot of things we haven't in a long time or ever. Paris Olympics were good for America. Ceremonies whatever not that great but based purely on the events I thought it was pretty good and I watched a lot of different events. Watched a lot more second week events than I used to.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I enjoyed it. I work from my home office nowadays so I had it as background noise. Winning always helps too.

Reactions: Dawgg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Athletes were great. Several great unforgettable moments. A few moments we would all prefer to forget. The culture around Paris is a sh*t show, but that's been known for decades and will probably always be like that.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Seems like the opening ceremonies were last Friday.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I can be an insufferable cynic at times, but I have thoroughly enjoyed these Olympics. Paris did a great job hosting and the competition was scintillating.

* Katie Ledecky
* Leon Marchand
* US Women's Rugby and Soccer and both Volleyball teams
* USA Basketball dominance tested, but resilient
* All the unbelievable T&F performances. SML, Quincy Hall, Gabby Thomas, Cole Hocker, the US 400 meter relay teams, the high jump battle, Duplantis pole vaulting the moon, TDW jumping long etc etc
* The African female runner for the Netherlands who bronzed in the 5k and 10k and then turned around and won the marathon in a bumping sprint finish this morning. Unbelievable!! (Her name is Sifan Hassan)
* There's much more, but that's good for now.
You lost me @ "Paris did a great job hosting.".Maybe You Should Consider sticking to being a cynic.

1723443954916.png

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You lost me @ "Paris did a great job hosting.".Maybe You Should Consider sticking to being a cynic.

View attachment 625860

You're just patrolling the board looking for arguments lately.

Let me guess. You watched very little of the Olympics, but have a strong opinion on Paris and France in general.

There's a pretty solid consensus that this was a very well run and planned Olympics, but you go right ahead and come to ignorant conclusions based on your very prominent political views on the world.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
You're just patrolling the board looking for arguments lately.

Let me guess. You watched very little of the Olympics, but have a strong opinion on Paris and France in general.

There's a prettyworld

There's a pretty solid consensus that this was a very well run and planned Olympics, but you go right ahead and come to ignorant conclusions based on your very prominent political views on the world.
Don't blame ME for the Low Hanging Fruit you left on the vine considering all the bad pub Paris has been getting lately. Those who are okay with unsolicited attacks on someone's Religion are the argument seekers, not I. These same people would have been screaming "Keep Religion Out Of Sports!!" Had The Last Supper act been presented in Actual Biblical Fashion proving how deep the deceptive hypocrisy flows in the God Hating Circles of MorningStar's Domain. Has nothing to do with politics, just honest common sense.
Both Repub & Dem Athletes prefer ADEQUATE portions of NUTRITIOUS food without worms in it. Having to wait an hour after ordering adds further insult to injury. They also don't like sleeping on cardboard without A/C in 85 degree heat or swimming in fecal matter infested rivers. Horrible conditions for athletes on the World Stage who've busted their azzes for years preparing.

Oh and I've often wondered why overall The French are so much less physically attractive than the Germans and English? Is it The Saxon Blood shared between England and Germany that may be lacking in France? If so did Charlemagne's slaughtering of Saxons (Had 4500 beheaded in one day) cuz they wouldn't convert?

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login