BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012
I know we still have to make it through 2023 season but if we keep Arnett for next year it might be a blood bath next year.

Eastern kentucky
@ Arizona State
Toledo
Umass
@ Georgia
Arkansas
Florida
Mizzou
Texas A&m
@ Ole miss
@ Tennesse
@ Texas

TorchingTime

Aug 25, 2012
I know we still have to make it through 2023 season but if we keep Arnett for next year it might be a blood bath next year.

Eastern kentucky
@ Arizona State
Toledo
Umass
@ Georgia
Arkansas
Florida
Mizzou
Texas A&m
@ Ole miss
@ Tennesse
@ Texas
Odds of UMass getting a second SEC win are looking pretty good.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009

Eastern kentucky
@ Arizona State
Toledo
Umass
@ Georgia
Arkansas
Florida
Mizzou
Texas A&m
@ Ole miss
@ Tennesse
@ Texas
Toledo would have 100% kicked our *** yesterday.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
And it's not like recruiting is going particularly well.
Nobody wants to come play for a no name coach and program that isn't making good headlines. These guys want headlines and nil these days. They want to play for a coach they know will win.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
In all seriousness, we need a Mullen-Esquse type hire. I know we have all soured on him now, but dear god it was obvious out of the gate that he got it. He immediately made it fun to be a state fan again.

BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012
In all seriousness, we need a Mullen-Esquse type hire. I know we have all soured on him now, but dear god it was obvious out of the gate that he got it. He immediately made it fun to be a state fan again.
I agree. We just don’t need to do Mullen again. That would be a typical Msu thing to do. Charles Huff has his boys playing tough at Marshall.

Reactions: AstroDog and patdog

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
We don't play LSU or AL. That's a win!
I’d rather have either one of them rather than Georgia. But in general, I’d rather play these type of Georgia, Bama and lsu games on the road and the more Arkansas, auburn and A&M at home. That’s a tough road schedule but it’s a manageable home schedule

Reactions: patdog

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Some of the 4 and 5 star recruits are asking for a few grand just for a visit. They're getting that from some schools. Recruiting gurus are making it more difficult for non-elite, non-superwealthy programs to compete. We'll need a helluva recruiter, a good coach and someone who knows how to use the portal until the new normal changes.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I’d rather play these type of Georgia, Bama and lsu games on the road and the more Arkansas, auburn and A&M at home.
I have been screaming this, but too many of our fans can't figure it out. Play your for-sure losses on the road and your 50/50 games at home. This shouldn't be hard to figure out, but prior to the season, we had too many fans posting that playing LSU and Bama at home was a good thing.

Reactions: ronpolk and patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I have been screaming this, but too many of our fans can't figure it out. Play your for-sure losses on the road and your 50/50 games at home. This shouldn't be hard to figure out, but prior to the season, we had too many fans posting that playing LSU and Bama at home was a good thing.
You can’t control this so what the 17 does it matter?

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Nobody wants to come play for a no name coach and program that isn't making good headlines. These guys want headlines and nil these days. They want to play for a coach they know will win.
They want to play for a coach that will help them secure the bag in the nfl

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
And it's not like recruiting is going particularly well.
Charlie and Bart ( sunday morning coffee) were saying something about the old regime was relying on recruiting analysts and now this year we are letting assistants recruit their own guys. I didn't really understand what they were trying to say but it doesn't look any better. Well, except Stonka and JJ. Everything else is weak

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Charlie and Bart ( sunday morning coffee) were saying something about the old regime was relying on recruiting analysts and now this year we are letting assistants recruit their own guys. I didn't really understand what they were trying to say but it doesn't look any better. Well, except Stonka and JJ. Everything else is weak
Yeah I heard that just now as I was listening. I hope they are right.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I've posted this before but I'm curious about how schools will approach analyzing "portal prospects" going forward. IMO for the foreseeable we're on the outside looking in as far as high school recruiting but we are an SEC school who can afford a good coach and offer mid tier-to-good players a lot a playing time and visibility that they may not be getting at one of the big boy schools. The key is going to be evaluating portal talent and selling them on coming here.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've posted this before but I'm curious about how schools will approach analyzing "portal prospects" going forward. IMO for the foreseeable we're on the outside looking in as far as high school recruiting but we are an SEC school who can afford a good coach and offer mid tier-to-good players a lot a playing time and visibility that they may not be getting at one of the big boy schools. The key is going to be evaluating portal talent and selling them on coming here.
We need at least one full time off field coach doing nothing but analyzing & evaluating potential portal transfers.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We need at least one full time off field coach doing nothing but analyzing & evaluating potential portal transfers.
I wonder if a lower-level NFL front office person/scout would do well moving down to the college level and specializing in this?

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Mizzou has surpassed us, we truly are running a budget friendly program at this point

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I wonder if a lower-level NFL front office person/scout would do well moving down to the college level and specializing in this?
I have a number of questions about this. Can portal players have agents, can they schools interested in signing them give them a tryout, will there be a portal combine ? These are probably crazy questions but hell I never thought we would see what we already have.

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
The way things are going with this NIL stuff, I just wonder if any of these players really want an education, major, college degree, etc.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Hbo This Sucks GIF by SuccessionHBO

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login