2025 SEC football scheduling format & opponents announced…

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
With the portal I don't think it matters anymore. You could play the same teams every year and not play the same team. I do think the SEC is lazy.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
With the portal I don't think it matters anymore. You could play the same teams every year and not play the same team. I do think the SEC is lazy.
I don't know about you, but I'd rather play Vandy, UK, South Carolina, Auburn, Bama, LSU and Oklahoma next season, transfer portal or not.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't know about you, but I'd rather play Vandy, UK, South Carolina, Auburn, Bama, LSU and Oklahoma next season, transfer portal or not.
I don't know who to play but teams are going to be hit and missed from season to season. No one is building a team for the future anymore. They are building up for the next season. Guys will hit the portal and guys will come out of the portal. Team might be good this season but lose guys to the draft and portal and the guys you bring don't pan out. Too be honest I am a season ticket holder and don't really want to pay to watch SC, KY or Vandy. OU and LSU are not push over. OU beats TX regularly. TX is not Bama. Based on the past ten seasons Texas falls along the lines of Auburn. Bama still has talent, and their new coach can coach really good. I don't know if he will develop guys like Saban but that doesn't matter. Like I said it's all about who you can keep on the team and who you can get out of the Portal. Not arguing but traveling to Starkville to watch KY or Vandy is not worth the money for gas, food or the tickets.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
So you would prefer to go watch State get their *** beat just to say you saw State play a better opponent than Vandy or Kentucky? I have never understand that masochistic attitude of State football fans. Just one year give me State vs. Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee and Ole Miss. just to see if State can run the table!

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
So you would prefer to go watch State get their *** beat just to say you saw State play a better opponent than Vandy or Kentucky? I have never understand that masochistic attitude of State football fans. Just one year give me State vs. Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee and Ole Miss. just to see if State can run the table!
Because there is no such thing as an easy win in the SEC. Half the schools on your list are preseason top 25 next year, with 2 or 3 in the top 15. There are zero easy wins in this conference with the exception of Vandy. Plus, our fans wouldn’t show up to the stadium with that schedule, which would only strain our budget even more.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Because there is no such thing as an easy win in the SEC. Half the schools on your list are preseason top 25 next year, with 2 or 3 in the top 15. There are zero easy wins in this conference with the exception of Vandy. Plus, our fans wouldn’t show up to the stadium with that schedule, which would only strain our budget even more.
Again, that says you and our Fanbase would prefer going to games where we get our *** beat rather than go to watch "Mississippi State" play.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login