2nd team…

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
Since this season is not going as expected….

If you abandoned all hope and decided to cheer for a different college team, who would it be?

I’m a State fan and a Saints fan, since I’m from New Orleans my second team would be LSU.

To clarify, I will pull for State until I die but curious who is the 2nd team you cheer for?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Currently for me it would be Southern Miss. Partly because one of the ten is a friend of mine but mainly because I’ve known Will Hall since he was a kid and I’d like to see him succeed.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I tend to pick a second team.
In the pros it is now Dallas, but that will change as the roster changes.( Dallas, Saints, Miami, pus others,)
But, I do keep up with much of what is happening in the SEC. SEC fan out of necessity.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’ve tried this forever, can never come up with anything. This year I have been side-watching Shrader/Cuse and Oregon. I also like Notre Dame tradition but I think things are over for them due to the current academics/rules. If I choose a side team, I want a winner. So for now it’s Oregon, would love to see Bo Nix win something while Auburn cries.

So to answer the question, it changes year to year, just like my NFL allegiances. Always lean Saints but it’s easy to abandon them. I usually just go with players, like Dak. About the only pro team I never abandon is the Braves. Would like to eventually see the Grizzlies win something.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Whatever team is playing Ole Miss
Come On Now Right In Front Of You GIF by MasterClass

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Utah. I hate BYU football. Plus, I like their coach. Old school coach that is a up standing member of the Church.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I like kansas state and their coach Klieman, I root for a couple of big ten teams but never michiagan or ohio state, I,like what Dickert and Arbuckle are doing at WSU, follow Syracuse a little.
nfl is getting hard to watch, if it wasn’t for fantasy football would never watch.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Football - Patriots
Baseball - Braves
Soccer - Liverpool

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I once was a huge college and NFL football fan, any team from the Southeast. From the 11:00 JP game on Saturday morning till PAC 10 was done then Saints and Cowboys on Sunday. Due to NIL, transfers, costs, Woke, roughing the passer, free agency, etc it's getting harder and harder to even watch football at all. Quit NFL during the Kaepernick and follow up fiasco now just MSU and that's harder and harder to stomach

Reactions: MagicDawg and 77Dog

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Start an outage in 10 days but been in outage mode for 2 months. Hadn't kept up with anything sports related lately except Arsenal fútbol.

HUGE match Saturday...

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

If you abandoned all hope and decided to cheer for a different college team, who would it be?

I’m a State fan and a Saints fan, since I’m from New Orleans my second team would be LSU.

To clarify, I will pull for State until I die but curious who is the 2nd team you cheer for?
I like UNC …..also root for Illinois UCF and Baylor because of the obvious. But my attention has really been taken by the NFL. Best product and so unpredictable

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Two alma maters
Msu and USC.
I like Florida State too. Don't like any big 10 teams. Well until USC next year.
Always kind of liked Baylor.

NFL
Cowboys Saints sometime eagles just because of slay and Cox same for chiefs with gay and Jones.

Supdawg2

Dec 19, 2012
Florida State bc my dad brought me a Deion jersey from a coaching clinic he went to back in the day. Always rooted for them growing up. You know it’s old school bc it has the mesh with the big holes

Attachments

• IMG_2877_Original.jpeg
    IMG_2877_Original.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Wyoming Cowboys .....and BTW..........Craig Bohl wouldn't be a bad choice as MSU's HC. He's taken Wyoming to some pretty good years during his tenure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pookieray

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I'll decide in January as I am watching the national championship. Anytime I watch a game I don't really have a fan interest in, I will start rooting for one of the teams and that will be them. It could end up being the loser, but I always seem to choose one of the teams.

With that said I do kinda like Harbaugh so I could pull for Michigan.

Reactions: thekimmer

dstatechamps

Oct 15, 2006
I'll decide in January as I am watching the national championship. Anytime I watch a game I don't really have a fan interest in, I will start rooting for one of the teams and that will be them. It could end up being the loser, but I always seem to choose one of the teams.

With that said I do kinda like Harbaugh so I could pull for Michigan.
If we are watching a game that State isn't playing in, my wife always asks me who I am pulling for. My answer is always 'whoever is behind'. Give me some drama!

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
This year... Oregon. Kansas and Kansas State also interest me because of their coaches and they are teams that have sucked for much of their existence.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I went to South Carolina for grad school and met my wife there. She went there for undergrad and grad so we always watch both and I root for the Gamecocks when they aren't playing us.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Mine is probably FSU. I have a lot of friends in this area that are either FSU, Bama, or UF and I sure as hell am not rooting for other two.

The games don’t move the needle for me at all and I don’t go out of my way to watch them, but when FSU wins I’m happy for my friends. Plus I love to remind them that I was in the stadium when Mac hit the HR.

ETA- I am Roll Tide this year. We don’t need them losing any SEC games.

Last edited:
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Alabama. I have ties over there. I'd be bona fide.

Last edited:

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

EMCC

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Florida State, my wife is from Florida and we detest the University of Florida. Any time Florida State pounds Florida into the turf we celebrate. I've grown tired of the SEC.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Anyone playing Alabama and UM. When Alabama and UM play I mostly just hope for cripples but want Missy to lose badly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login