3/11 Game 1 Thread..

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
A little late. Larry with an RBI single in the 3rd to give MSU a 1-0.

Gartman pitching well.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Jordan L’s with the bases loaded. That was a fastball and Jordan didn’t half-*** that swing.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Jordan L’s with the bases loaded. That was a fastball and Jordan didn’t half-*** that swing.
I turned in to watch the game to see him at the plate 3 times, and all 3 times did the same thing
swung through strikes 1, 2, and 3.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
When you try to throw the slider three times and almost hit the batter each time, maybe you should try a different pitch?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Dropped fly ball in CF, then a dropped throw at the plate that would've ended the game.

And we're playing something called Lipscomb.

this baseball team is trash.

Trash baseball team wins 5th straight shortly after the complaint brigade shows up to ***** as soon as the game is tied without making a peep all game beforehand.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Trash baseball team wins 5th straight shortly after the complaint brigade shows up to ***** as soon as the game is tied without making a peep all game beforehand.
I can't wait to see your game reactions when we get to sec play. This team is playing like trash. Struggling with nobodys Still want to know what the coaches have been doing since the NC

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Abortion We Deserve Better GIF by GIPHY News

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
This member of the complaint brigade was logged in for fifteen minutes today and made exactly one comment after watching us look like the bad news bears and derp away an excellent pitching performance over the span of 10 minutes in the ninth inning against 17n LIPSCOMB. This member of the complaint brigade watched this team do stuff that his own 14u baseball team doesn't do. The fact that anyone would defend or make excuses for what I saw today is appalling. You're getting the team you deserve, chief.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Some of you guys cannot be happy. Gartman and Dohm do a good job pitching. I like Merchon. He adds grit and scrap. Ledbetter leads a good outfield. He erred on one ball. Clark had his back. Game over; dogs win. I left the game happy. Some of you seem to have puckered a**holes. Take a pill and sit on your hands. Better yet go watch your 14 year-old. This team is better than the team we had last year. They fight and they are learning to be a better team.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
This member of the complaint brigade was logged in for fifteen minutes today and made exactly one comment after watching us look like the bad news bears and derp away an excellent pitching performance over the span of 10 minutes in the ninth inning against 17n LIPSCOMB. This member of the complaint brigade watched this team do stuff that his own 14u baseball team doesn't do. The fact that anyone would defend or make excuses for what I saw today is appalling. You're getting the team you deserve, chief.

Exactly my point. You logged in just to ***** after you saw the two defensive miscues in the 9th….both of which were just players not making plays. Nobody was anywhere to be found earlier today, yesterday, or Tuesday in the game threads when we were TCB.

Its college baseball, **** happens but we recovered and now we’re a few innings away from a much needed sweep. I don’t understand why so many wait with baited breath on the next opportunity to use one or two bad plays as an excuse to **** on a team they allegedly root for.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Just looked at Lipscomb schedule.

Beat Notre Dame 2 out of 3.
Swept by Auburn but 2 games were 1 run games.

Not a bad team. Hopefully we’ve turned the corner a little.

Not only that, they had a dude in there late in game 2 today that was bringing it up there at 96-97 mph. They have some players. Not an SEC roster or anything, but definitely could see them causing some problems for someone in a regional as a 4-seed if they finish well in their conference.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
This board is not just an opportunity for us to troll, promote crypto, and fawn over redheads...

This is social-emotional safe space for 17d up Bulldog fans who hate, hate, hate to lose, particularly when we look stupid in doing so. Most of us want to be happy... we really do. But when things go wrong - which they often do for true bulldog fans, we come here to unload, share our grief, and seek those who will wallow in our misery with us.

While the **** may not be hitting the fan when we start typing, we're certain it will soon enough and we want to stay out in front to protect ourselves and our fragile fandom.

It's a 'release' of frustration/grief, a release in search of some type of acceptance --- if not affirmation.
It's very cathartic.

God, I love you guys!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This board is not just an opportunity for us to troll, promote crypto, and fawn over redheads...

This is social-emotional safe space for 17d up Bulldog fans who hate, hate, hate to lose, particularly when we look stupid in doing so. Most of us want to be happy... we really do. But when things go wrong - which they often do for true bulldog fans, we come here to unload, share our grief, and seek those who will wallow in our misery with us.

While the **** may not be hitting the fan when we start typing, we're certain it will soon enough and we want to stay out in front to protect ourselves and our fragile fandom.

It's a 'release' of frustration/grief, a release in search of some type of acceptance --- if not affirmation.
It's very cathartic.

God, I love you guys!
Golden Girls Reaction GIF

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Exactly my point. You logged in just to ***** after you saw the two defensive miscues in the 9th….both of which were just players not making plays. Nobody was anywhere to be found earlier today, yesterday, or Tuesday in the game threads when we were TCB.

Its college baseball, **** happens but we recovered and now we’re a few innings away from a much needed sweep. I don’t understand why so many wait with baited breath on the next opportunity to use one or two bad plays as an excuse to **** on a team they allegedly root for.
No, you're wrong. I didn't realize we were playing. I saw strat's game thread and turned on the game. It was the start of the ninth. I proceeded to witness the derpness and turned the game off and made my post.

I don't care that we won these games. It's 17n Lipscomb. I could trot my 14 year olds out there and compete with Lipscomb. There are guys here who act stupid after losses and there are guys here like you who come back and beat their chests after wins. Those reactions are too macro for me. I'm looking at how we play. We are a poorly coached team. We suck at fundamental stuff. It gets magnified when we play good teams. You can make excuses for it because we ultimately beat 17n LIpscomb and that's your prerogative. I'm more worried about what's going to happen when we start playing teams who are actually good. And you should be too.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
No, you're wrong. I didn't realize we were playing. I saw strat's game thread and turned on the game. It was the start of the ninth. I proceeded to witness the derpness and turned the game off and made my post.

I don't care that we won these games. It's 17n Lipscomb. I could trot my 14 year olds out there and compete with Lipscomb. There are guys here who act stupid after losses and there are guys here like you who come back and beat their chests after wins. Those reactions are too macro for me. I'm looking at how we play. We are a poorly coached team. We suck at fundamental stuff. It gets magnified when we play good teams. You can make excuses for it because we ultimately beat 17n LIpscomb and that's your prerogative. I'm more worried about what's going to happen when we start playing teams who are actually good. And you should be too.

Your 14 year olds could compete with a team that played 3 1-run games against two SEC teams and took 2 of 3 from an ACC team? Sure….

Would have thought you’d seen enough baseball to know you can’t just look at the name on the jersey and make blind assumptions. 17ing Stony Brook has made the CWS in recent years. Coastal Carolina and Fresno State have won it. There are a lot of competitive programs out there that aren’t household names. Lipscomb is a lot better than the VMI team we played a few weeks ago.

At least you didn’t realize we were playing though. Otherwise you might have made some commentary on 26 of the 27 innings over the weekend in which we hit well, pitched well, and/or fielded well. If you’re worried about SEC play, that’s fine I guess. I am too and still would be even if we were 17-0. But I’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

Reactions: onewoof

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Your 14 year olds could compete with a team that played 3 1-run games against two SEC teams and took 2 of 3 from an ACC team? Sure….

Would have thought you’d seen enough baseball to know you can’t just look at the name on the jersey and make blind assumptions. 17ing Stony Brook has made the CWS in recent years. Coastal Carolina and Fresno State have won it. There are a lot of competitive programs out there that aren’t household names. Lipscomb is a lot better than the VMI team we played a few weeks ago.

At least you didn’t realize we were playing though. Otherwise you might have made some commentary on 26 of the 27 innings over the weekend in which we hit well, pitched well, and/or fielded well. If you’re worried about SEC play, that’s fine I guess. I am too and still would be even if we were 17-0. But I’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
You're trying too hard.

Why don't you wait until we do something like handle a routine little league double steal before beating your chest over getting wins against storied programs like Lipscomb?

I also commented in my earlier post that we pitched well yesterday. It makes our ninth inning derpfest even more egregious that we wasted that. But of course, you only see what you want to see.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You're trying too hard.

Why don't you wait until we do something like handle a routine little league double steal before beating your chest over getting wins against storied programs like Lipscomb?

I also commented in my earlier post that we pitched well yesterday. It makes our ninth inning derpfest even more egregious that we wasted that. But of course, you only see what you want to see.

AND...

Get the 17 off my GD lawn!!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Sadly, some folks cannot be happy with some improvements. We gave up errors and struggled for a few innings but batted and pitched better against some sub-SWAC team. Winning 5 in a row doesn't matter. Having some pitching show its head without walking a handful every other inning doesn't matter. But we played some team with a damned buffalo mascot instead of some powerhouse like Columbia. Hang on because we will see both are good and bad so you might want to hand on and keep both Band-Aids and razors. We do not have some battle-tested veteran lineup who leads the season. We're still trying to find some good players amongst the

2 Grads
5 Seniors
14 Juniors
12 Sophomores
13 Freshmen

I'm not sure how many transfers are, but we have a good pool to pull from as the season progresses and we fill gaps and adjust our team. We aren't the same old fantastic Mississippi State team to jump in immediately and start kicking *** this season. Oh well... We did not have a great season last year to build on. I'm sorry it will take a little bit more patience, and we still might not rise to greatness this season when it's all said and done. Sorry for the wait. The Competition is about to ramp up and make you happy.
Enjoy your misery. If you want to... we could build a factory and make misery. Put me out of my misery all you suicide kings and drama queens. Forever happily, making misery.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You're trying too hard.

We failed to handle the double steal because our catcher dropped the ball. You, of course, somehow attribute that to poor coaching. You probably think wide receivers dropping passes that hit them in the numbers and basketball players missing free throws are examples of poor coaching, too. Agenda is showing.

And if you think people really believe you just so happened to only tune in to the only one inning of the 45 innings that were played this week in which the outcome was even remotely in question, think again. Regardless of competition, we’ve put together 5 solid games in a row…particularly on the mound. But the same folks won’t ever jump in to comment unless something bad happens for a millisecond of one game.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We failed to handle the double steal because our catcher dropped the ball. You, of course, somehow attribute that to poor coaching. You probably think wide receivers dropping passes that hit them in the numbers and basketball players missing free throws are examples of poor coaching, too. Agenda is showing.

And if you think people really believe you just so happened to only tune in to the only one inning of the 45 innings that were played this week in which the outcome was even remotely in question, think again. Regardless of competition, we’ve put together 5 solid games in a row…particularly on the mound. But the same folks won’t ever jump in to comment unless something bad happens for a millisecond of one game.
I told you what happened. I don't give a flip whether you believe me or not.

And yes, all those things are examples of poor coaching. There's a reason, in all sports, why some teams are really good at the little things, and some teams aren't. It's called fundamentals. You gotta teach 'em, re-teach 'em, repeat them over and over, and spend time on them every day. It's absolutely a product of coaching.

My agenda is showing? More like your ignorance is showing. And frankly, you're embarrassing yourself.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I told you what happened. I don't give a flip whether you believe me or not.

And yes, all those things are examples of poor coaching. There's a reason, in all sports, why some teams are really good at the little things, and some teams aren't. It's called fundamentals. You gotta teach 'em, re-teach 'em, repeat them over and over, and spend time on them every day. It's absolutely a product of coaching.

My agenda is showing? More like your ignorance is showing. And frankly, you're embarrassing yourself.

“Teach em and reteach em” when it comes to things like catching the 17ing baseball that is thrown directly to you or hit directly to you is something that happens in little league and travel ball. Ain’t nobody got time for that level of basic coaching in college ball. Its an expectation of all players to get that right 99.999% of the time without exception before they ever show up to campus. When they don’t, it’s on the player and the player alone.

In case you weren’t aware, there are strict NCAA limits on practice time….both hrs per practice and practices per week. That limited time at this level has to be spent on concepts far more advanced than basic throw and catch. Not sure if you think Lemonis is supposed to be out there telling players to point-step-throw or spend entire practices just having players throw the ball to each other, but that ain’t how it goes. Every staff has a hitting coach and a pitching coach, but no fielding coach for a reason.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
“Teach em and reteach em” when it comes to things like catching the 17ing baseball that is thrown directly to you or hit directly to you is something that happens in little league and travel ball. Ain’t nobody got time for that level of basic coaching in college ball. Its an expectation of all players to get that right 99.999% of the time without exception before they ever show up to campus. When they don’t, it’s on the player and the player alone.

In case you weren’t aware, there are strict NCAA limits on practice time….both hrs per practice and practices per week. That limited time at this level has to be spent on concepts far more advanced than basic throw and catch. Not sure if you think Lemonis is supposed to be out there telling players to point-step-throw or spend entire practices just having players throw the ball to each other, but that ain’t how it goes. Every staff has a hitting coach and a pitching coach, but no fielding coach for a reason.
Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login