3 permanents for SEC teams

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Yeah, I’ll take it. Good for us and OM gets to drop an annual game against vandy

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Everyone has tough teams, and everyone has teams they can compete with. Looks like they did a pretty good job to me.

bullygrowl

Sep 29, 2022
The Oklahoma Florida seems odd. The rest looks like the best that could be done.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Looks like not official, but as plugged in as Dellenger is, you have to think he's not just throwing out guesses here.

Reactions: QuaoarsKing

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'd sign up for that today. Would rather not have to go to College Station (terrible trip) but very happy with the other two.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The Barn gets the big green weenie. They get the two titans of the conference. Wonder it Jimmy Rane and the other big boosters are in favor?

bullygrowl

Sep 29, 2022
Errbody cheering now until they find out our other six conference games in year one are Bama, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, & Georgia
So true. Even if you took the next bottom six our schedule would be: AtM, Ole Miss, UK, Mizz, USC, Florida, Auburn, Vandy, UT. I don't like that one either. That would be our dream schedule, but still tougher than any other team not in the SEC.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Looks fair to me
Looks reasonably close to as fair as they can get it. I will say Missouri may not belong, but they either suck a mean dick or have a golden horseshoe up their *** with respect to scheduling since joining the SEC. Two years where they beat one team with a winning SEC record and they made it to two SEC championship games? And now they draw Oklahoma, Vandy, and Arkansas? If you have to have a "blue blood", you want Oklahoma, Texas, or A&M. Then they get Vandy and Arkansas. Only 3 out of six games, so not quite as big of a deal as before, but you have to be happy with that if you're missouri. Is there a single team you'd trade out for Arkansas right now? UK or USCe would maybe be comparable, but probably go with Arkansas and Sam Pittman without Briles at this point, right?

Reactions: patdog

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So true. Even if you took the next bottom six our schedule would be: AtM, Ole Miss, UK, Mizz, USC, Florida, Auburn, Vandy, UT. I don't like that one either. That would be our dream schedule, but still tougher than any other team not in the SEC.
9 game SEC is just going to be brutal however you do it. We're probably going to be hating that P5 OOC opponent. I'd be fine going with 2 G5 and an FCS as soon as we can. Or even just three G5 teams. The SEC schedule is going to give us our fill I think. Just an idea of what an "evenly" split schedule will look like for us if we rotate the 6 non-permanents every two years is below. We'll basically play 5 teams a year that absolutely blow us away in resources. Plus in half those years we'll hvae 5 away games and 4 homes games.

Year 1 & 2 Year 3&4
BamaUGA
LSUAuburn
FloridaUtenn
TexasOklahoma
A&MA&M
UmissUmiss
ArkansasUSCE
UKUK
MissouVandy

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Errbody cheering now until they find out our other six conference games in year one are Bama, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, & Georgia
Who you get as permanent isn't as big of a deal as it always has been when you're playing everyone else every other year anyway. We'll probably get 3 of those 6 every year.

Reactions: drumrcraig

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Looks reasonably close to as fair as they can get it. I will say Missouri may not belong, but they either suck a mean dick or have a golden horseshoe up their *** with respect to scheduling since joining the SEC. Two years where they beat one team with a winning SEC record and they made it to two SEC championship games? And now they draw Oklahoma, Vandy, and Arkansas? If you have to have a "blue blood", you want Oklahoma, Texas, or A&M. Then they get Vandy and Arkansas. Only 3 out of six games, so not quite as big of a deal as before, but you have to be happy with that if you're missouri. Is there a single team you'd trade out for Arkansas right now? UK or USCe would maybe be comparable, but probably go with Arkansas and Sam Pittman without Briles at this point, right?
Honestly, I forget Missouri is in the SEC

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Reactions: Anon1664516582

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Probably redo it all over again in 3 years.
I’d rather have AU than A&M but that’s just me

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login