3rd and 5, game on the line. We have 6 in the box.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Surprised Hockey GIF by All-Round Champion

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
After this game, you’ll never convince me that he isn’t a terrible dc. I can’t remember the guys name that was dc under Mullen that was so terrible but this is that bad.
Torbrush and Sirmon were both really bad under Mullen. However, Sirmon is the DC at Cal and shut down Rev. Hugh today.

Reactions: Motodawg

CDawg08

Oct 5, 2022
Our defense is embarrassing the defensive line just I mean really? You just let them punk y’all out like that after all the dawgs we’ve had over the years on the defensive line? Come on man ****!!!

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
Our defense is embarrassing the defensive line just I mean really? You just let them punk y’all out like that after all the dawgs we’ve had over the years on the defensive line? Come on man ****!!!
Still, you adjust and give them some help with lbs in the box… we did not

Reactions: CDawg08

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Our defensive line was better under both of those caches than what I've seen this year snd last secondary wasn't bad either. Remember Tebow game.
secondary was awful with sirmon. I can recall not being able to score.

tonight I was embarrassed by the poor play in the trenches we got zero push in two gamesfor our running backs. We could have Robison Ballard or Jerious or even JJ back there and they wouldn't get much with this line.
Our defensive line is the worse I've ever seen it. turner needs shape them up but he needs more talent. Our our wanna be dc better learn this ain't bama we don't have 5 stars everywhere we can't play 5 in the box and stop people

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
Our defensive line was better under both of those caches than what I've seen this year snd last secondary wasn't bad either. Remember Tebow game.
secondary was awful with sirmon. I can recall not being able to score.

tonight I was embarrassed by the poor play in the trenches we got zero push in two gamesfor our running backs. We could have Robison Ballard or Jerious or even JJ back there and they wouldn't get much with this line.
Our defensive line is the worse I've ever seen it. turner needs shape them up but he needs more talent. Our our wanna be dc better learn this ain't bama we don't have 5 stars everywhere we can't play 5 in the box and stop people
We ran the ball better in the second half. I’m not sure hope is lost there, but after we came out in second half still not adjusted on d to what we all saw, I have no hope for Hutzler.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I still scratch my head on that hire. I didn't expect much from our defense when I saw the hires we made. Tried to hire friends. If you couldn't get a good DC like durkin should have gone G5 hungry like Diaz was

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
We ran the ball better in the second half. I’m not sure hope is lost there, but after we came out in second half still not adjusted on d to what we all saw, I have no hope for Hutzler.
Agreed. They had 5 OL and 1 TE all night, and for most of the night, we lined up with 5 in the box (3 DL and 2 LBs). They couldn’t pass, but for some reason, we kept daring them to run.

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
Agreed. They had 5 OL and 1 TE all night, and for most of the night, we lined up with 5 in the box (3 DL and 2 LBs). They couldn’t pass, but for some reason, we kept daring them to run.
Reminds me of Leach’s first game when LSU refused to adjust

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I was worried about the DC since they hired him. I had a good reason after last night. One more thing. The Strength and conditioning coach should be fire. Our line both sides of the ball are weak. I am 60 and I guarantee I can out lift them.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I was worried about the DC since they hired him. I had a good reason after last night. One more thing. The Strength and conditioning coach should be fire. Our line both sides of the ball are weak. I am 60 and I guarantee I can out lift them.
Me too (except for that last part, was never that strong to begin with & after 2 shoulder surgeries I don’t lift anything heavy). Hiring a special teams coach with only a couple of seasons as even a full time defensive position coach makes me question Lebby’s judgement & decision making. It was a head scratching hire at the time & looks even worse now.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Me too (except for that last part, was never that strong to begin with & after 2 shoulder surgeries I don’t lift anything heavy). Hiring a special teams coach with only a couple of seasons as even a full time defensive position coach makes me question Lebby’s judgement & decision making. It was a head scratching hire at the time & looks even worse now.
I have a feeling he was a friendship hire. That is never a good situation. It is we the boosters and season ticket holders that gets crapped on.

Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If that’s true Lebby may be slow in getting rid of him.
We have a CO DC who was a DC. They need to have a good old fashion sit down with the DC and say you got one more game then the other guy is going to take control. I am not a coach. I can't judge talent. I have never made a defensive plan for a game but one thing I know after watching the ASU vs Wyoming game a three-man down man with two-line backers wasn't going to work. They did make some adjustments at half. I saw more four-man down lineman.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login