40 days

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I was excited then I saw that every person that does predictions for football said we will be the worst team in America and now I'm not.

I seriously do not understand the amount of negative outlooks I've seen on our season. It's so lazy.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I was excited then I saw that every person that does predictions for football said we will be the worst team in America and now I'm not.

I seriously do not understand the amount of negative outlooks I've seen on our season. It's so lazy.
I chalk it up to being in an absurdly tough conference, combined with an unexpected and forced coaching change that has a young 1st time HC running an SEC program.

Im not defending the predictions, Im just guessing at why the predictions exist.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
So many people doubt the hire of ZA to replace a legend. The message of toughness and handling what we can control is the same as Coach Leach’s. We will have have to prove ourselves to the doubters.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I chalk it up to being in an absurdly tough conference, combined with an unexpected and forced coaching change that has a young 1st time HC running an SEC program.

Im not defending the predictions, Im just guessing at why the predictions exist.
Partly true. But mostly just lazy, stupid people voting for these predictions. They pick us last more often than not and 75% of the time we finish higher than predicted.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

It’s like the polar opposite of Bama. Half of these experts couldn’t name 5 players on the Tide’s roster, but they’ll pick them somewhere in the Top 2-3 every year because they feel like Saban and the Alabama program have earned it.

Meanwhile, no matter how many positive things surround the MSU program, they’re just looking for a reason, any reason at all, to pick State last. This year, it’s coaching turnover, next year it’ll be the OL, then it’ll be a new QB… it goes on and on. I’ll never forget Sallee joining one of the pods back in ‘15 and saying that he wasn’t as high on State as some because there’s nothing more overrated than a star QB returning. Of all the things that absolutely aren’t overrated, that’d be one of them.

Anyway, I’m excited and I don’t know where we’ll wind up, but it won’t be last

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login