450 yards passing on Saturday

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Looked like Will Arm has gotten stronger and more accurate.

Jul 5, 2020
I was really impressed with Will's intermediate throws and his choice to go to WRs instead of quick checkdowns to the RBs. That's a big improvement. I don't remember any "long" throws per se, but he was hitting guys in stride at 15-20 yards, and that's what he needs to be able to do in this offense. As someone who has criticized him in the past, I am happy to be wrong about Rogers. If he gets through his reads as well as he did Saturday and shows the same arm strength, we'll be closer to a 9-3 team than 7-5.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Phenomenal passing game by Will.

I just hope the OL can continue to protect him when they face the tougher DL’s on the schedule. That will be the key.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Long passes are pretty but give me a QB who can be accurate in the short/intermediate game and make good decisions any day.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think he missed on 4 maybe 5 throws out of about 50 so he's upset about that. He throws a very catchable ball. Name a QB that has better touch or accuracy or timing or reads for under 25 yards. I haven't seen one so far. He is not a runner and should not run unless it's wide open. He missed the pitch on the option into the endzone but that is a minor mistake and we scored anyway. And he "fumbled" once.

Leach mentioned it may have been his best game so far reading the field. Throwing 5 TDs to 5 different guys I think points to that. I still see so many QBs, even in the NFL, looking for "their guy" so often. That's not much motivation for the other receivers.

I enjoyed watching the game. We also responded well each time Memphis scored, that is a good sign.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
I think he missed on 4 maybe 5 throws out of about 50 so he's upset about that. He throws a very catchable ball. Name a QB that has better touch or accuracy or timing or reads for under 25 yards. I haven't seen one so far. He is not a runner and should not run unless it's wide open. He missed the pitch on the option into the endzone but that is a minor mistake and we scored anyway. And he "fumbled" once.

Leach mentioned it may have been his best game so far reading the field. Throwing 5 TDs to 5 different guys I think points to that. I still see so many QBs, even in the NFL, looking for "their guy" so often. That's not much motivation for the other receivers.

I enjoyed watching the game. We also responded well each time Memphis scored, that is a good sign.

The only "bad" throw that stood out was the one where Calvin made the one handed grab on the slant/in route. If Rogers hits him in the numbers, it was a TD.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login