60 years ago today

Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
No votes include people who don't think Oswald was involved at all.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Is there even any question? I think the mob ran most of the op, the CIA/gub'mint would have bungled it and never kept it quiet.

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I think Oswald was exactly what he said, a patsy.

Some Politicians wanted the Vietnam war and the fatal shot come from another shooter from the grassy knoll.

Reactions: eckie1

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The MOB had him killed. They helped him get elected then he released his brother The Attorney General on them for their reward. His dad was an Irish Bootlegger. They were deep in bed with the MOB. He stabbed them in the back. Thats my speculation on the matter.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Dang, I voted yes that he was the lone gunman & acted alone that day. I think it’s fairly clear others were involved in planning the assassination though.
There were multiple reports of other gunshots from around Dealey Plaza…. Oswald was apparently not even a great shooter, and had a crappy rifle, and not even a great angle at that point. The kill shot sent the head back, which would mean it came from the front, doesn’t it?

But, yes, it was orchestrated from incredibly high up. And they didn’t care about optics…. Just wanted him dead.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
There were multiple reports of other gunshots from around Dealey Plaza…. Oswald was apparently not even a great shooter, and had a crappy rifle, and not even a great angle at that point. The kill shot sent the head back, which would mean it came from the front, doesn’t it?

But, yes, it was orchestrated from incredibly high up. And they didn’t care about optics…. Just wanted him dead.
natural rebound of the neck after being pushed forward. I don't think shot from the back has ever been in question.

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think there is still too many questions 60 years later. The biggest question I have is whether the Warren Commission was the best choice for this at the time when things could have been done with more clarity and transparency.

I still think that we will never know because there are too many people who wanted him dead and it’s obvious that the Secret Service was at fault so badly that it will remain unsolved.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

That's a common occurrence today.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There's a new 3 part National Geographic documentary called "One Day in America" that premiered a few weeks ago w/ interviews from the remaining people that were around then with several of them Secret Service Agents, a co-worker of Oswalds, and several other people that knew them. It was on National Geographic but I think I found it on Hulu for the reruns.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
natural rebound of the neck after being pushed forward. I don't think shot from the back has ever been in question.
That was the first shot that got him. He lifted both hands, and squeezed his neck. This was the “magic bullet” that also hit Connelly, later to be realized that the front seat was a lot lower so it made more sense. That one definitely came from behind.

A few seconds later, the kill shot took out a massive chunk of Kennedy’s head, and his head blew back with force. That’s apparently what Jackie was trying to reach for…. A massive piece of her husbands head. Very sad.

was21

May 29, 2007
That was the first shot that got him. He lifted both hands, and squeezed his neck. This was the “magic bullet” that also hit Connelly, later to be realized that the front seat was a lot lower so it made more sense. That one definitely came from behind.

A few seconds later, the kill shot took out a massive chunk of Kennedy’s head, and his head blew back with force. That’s apparently what Jackie was trying to reach for…. A massive piece of her husbands head. Very sad.
He or they or whomever literally blew his brains out I guess

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I used to go down the rabbit hole on conspiracies on this all the time. The facts get muddied after a while.

That said, I believe Oswald shot 3 times as a single shooter.

The reason I have come full circle is because of Clint Hill. If you don’t know who that is, you should check your baggage before forming opinions on this subject.

His memory is still sharp as a tack. He was there. He heard the shots and where they came from. He remembers where every person looked when the shots rang out. He was a close personal friend and protector to the President, and to Jackie and the children afterward. He testified numerous times before Senate and Warren Commission hearings.

If you’d like to hear some Cliffs Notes on his 1st person experience and opinions, he did a podcast interview with Mike Rowe just last week.

He riffed a bit on conspiracies and how ridiculous many of them are. He especially singles out Oliver Stone for a blistering rebuke and laments how much bull and conjecture he threw out. I’ve heard Clint rip apart so many theories with what he saw and heard, he convinced me.

Clint was there. He was in the back seat. He moved the President’s body. He was inside Parkland Hospital. At his age, and with his closeness to the Kennedys, he has no reason to lie. His opinions are based on fact and 1st person experiences. His voice should carry much weight.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I think Oswald was exactly what he said, a patsy.

Some Politicians wanted the Vietnam war and the fatal shot come from another shooter from the grassy knoll.
I believe the family of JD Tippett and the entire Dallas PD would disagree with you.

Innocent, hapless patsies don’t run away and murder police officers.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I believe the family of JD Tippett and the entire Dallas PD would disagree with you.

Innocent, hapless patsies don’t run away and murder police officers.
There are several testimonies of people seeing Oswald out and about in the book depository during and after JFK was shot. He was a complete piece of sheet, but I don’t know if he pulled any triggers that day. If you realize you’ve been set up, you’d be likely to act the way he did afterwards…. Same as if you’d actually pulled the trigger.

One thing is certain, the Warren report is worse than anything Oliver Stone ever put out. I know it was a movie, but common sense has to come into play and Warren’s report had none of it.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

Oswald was a united States Marine. The shot was trivial for a man of his skills and training. The rifle was plenty accurate for use.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
11/22/63. You can’t go back in time and stop it.
Really good book. The entire premise of the book though, that if you could go back in history and change one thing that it would be the Kennedy assassination, is very questionable.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
I've always thought that LBJ lured him into the Kill Zone. The reason Kennedy was down in Dallas in the first place, was because it was going to be a major Swing State and he was trying to shore up Democrat support.

However, I've recently read a story that one of the Secret Service men may have accidentally shot Kennedy after swinging his pistol around after hearing the first shot.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Can't say that I believe in ghosts, haints, esp or anything like that but I will say that I visited Dealey Plaza one time and stood at the spot on the road where it happened and I'll be damned if this creepy feeling of evil didn't just about overwhelm me. I told my girlfriend I imagine if there were anywhere else you could get that feeling would be if you visited the site of a WWII concentration camp.

ETA: I have zero doubt that LBJ orchestrated it. No matter what you think of Roger Stone, check out this video. https://www.c-span.org/video/?316819-1/the-man-killed-kennedy

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Oswald was a united States Marine. The shot was trivial for a man of his skills and training. The rifle was plenty accurate for use.
Yes, he could’ve made neck shot. But, no way in hell he got off multiple shots in that timeline AND defied physics with the kill shot to the head. JFK’s head would have moved forward from the book depository. And, half his head wouldn’t have flown behind his car…. Would have gone forward.

Jeebus, what a 17ing dark day.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
It’s a new documentary out that looks at the timeline. Think it’s on Netflix and called “Kennedy”. Scary to realize that for about 2 hours there was no leader of this Country.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
I've always thought that LBJ lured him into the Kill Zone. The reason Kennedy was down in Dallas in the first place, was because it was going to be a major Swing State and he was trying to shore up Democrat support.

However, I've recently read a story that one of the Secret Service men may have accidentally shot Kennedy after swinging his pistol around after hearing the first shot.
Like in Pulp Fiction? They shoulda called the Wolf.

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

This got me researching the rifle. It was a 6.5 Carcano (considered an accurate round) at distance of around 100 hundred yards. A fairly easy shot, getting off three shots in 8 seconds from a bolt action rifle on a moving target would be difficult, but not impossible by any means. His wife said, to her knowledge, he didn't spend much time practicing with the rifle.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Really good book. The entire premise of the book though, that if you could go back in history and change one thing that it would be the Kennedy assassination, is very questionable.
It’s probably one of the top three books I’ve ever read and I’ve read thousands of books. I’m not really a Stephen King fan but that was an excellent book. Well, maybe not thousands but hundreds. I’ve read a lot of books.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Oswald pulled the trigger on three shots.
Probably hit him in the neck on the first one.
Missed the other 2.
The massive kill shot had to come from the front and probably from the grassy knoll area.
That’s my opinion anyway.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
This got me researching the rifle. It was a 6.5 Carcano (considered an accurate round) at distance of around 100 hundred yards. A fairly easy shot, getting off three shots in 8 seconds from a bolt action rifle on a moving target would be difficult, but not impossible by any means. His wife said, to her knowledge, he didn't spend much time practicing with the rifle.
Yes, somebody from behind got him in the neck. Probably from the depository.

Problem is, the Zapruder film is proof positive that the kill shot didn’t come from the book depository. It’s gruesome. Like something out of Terminator 2, but filmed on a 1963-era camera…. I won’t even link it. Hell, I wouldn’t even recommend googling it if you want to sleep tonight.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login