67,000 fans in attendance including bands, cheerleaders, on field photographers,

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
sideline reporters, cameramen, security, former players, trainers, managers, pop pom squad, but. for covid protocol reasons we won't have a couple Diamond Girls on the field this year? Sounds about right.........

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Make sure the mask you bring to the Hump is a N95 or KN95

Last edited:

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I was in Times Square for a few days after Christmas. Balls to the walls packed. Absolutely shoulder to shoulder during the evening hours.

Got home and tuned in to watch the NYE broadcast we'd watched them setting up all week. The mayor had announced the crowd would be limited to 15K. It looked to be about 1/3 as packed as every day we'd been there.

My takeaway message was: As long as nobody is watching we good. Turn on the cameras and we's the bastion of covid safety.

For some folks, it seems to be all about the optics. MSU AD seems to be some of those folks.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
My point is the hypocrisy that exists. Don't know who made the rule about Diamond Girls, don't care who made it, don't care if they have Diamond Girls ever again. But, its a long standing tradition, in an outside environment, on a wide open baseball field, as opposed to an enclosed jam packed stadium. I hope whoever made the rule was watching that game and realizing how damn stupid they look for doing it

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
My point is the hypocrisy that exists. Don't know who made the rule about Diamond Girls, don't care who made it, don't care if they have Diamond Girls ever again. But, its a long standing tradition, in an outside environment, on a wide open baseball field, as opposed to an enclosed jam packed stadium. I hope whoever made the rule was watching that game and realizing how damn stupid they look for doing it

It would be hypocritical if the same person/group who decided on policies for the CFP Championship game also decided on policies for MSU athletics. To my knowledge, different people manage/run/decide those two things.

I am not saying I think the Diamond Girls decision makes sense. When I read an article this past weekend about the decision, I was surprised since its outside and based on what I see on tv it appears people largely dont give a 17 anymore about distancing/masks at MSU athletics. So it was certainly surprising to me.
...but it sure doesnt seem hypocritical. Different people decide different things.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
State has masks for classes, masks for indoor events, but cheerleaders on the sideline in football. So, there's at least a little hypocracy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login