6A High School Football: Can Brandon be beat? Is Tupelo for real? Can Ocean Springs stop scoring?

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
As Mississippi high school football enters its final month of regular season - there are some great storylines happening in 6A.

Region 1

Southaven is 6-0. That seems weird. But the Chargers knocked off South Panola last week in a 28-21 thriller. There is a four way tie between South Panola, Lewisburg, DeSoto Central and Olive Branch for second place. Southaven's next three games are against Olive Branch, Lewisburg and DeSoto Central.

615's Four for the Playoff: Southaven, South Panola, DeSoto Central and Olive Branch. Lewisburg's schedule is going to be too tough for them to make it out.

Region 2

Tupelo? The Golden Wave is 7-0 and look to be unstoppable. They are outscoring opponents 238-40 this season. They travel to defending champ Madison Central this week before finishing the season against winless Murray, upstart Clinton and a Germantown team that is hard to figure out. Germantown looked down for the count before upsetting Oxford last week. Now Friday's Germantown-Grenada game might be for a playoff spot. The wildcard is Starkville, who is 0-3 in district but has faced the three toughest teams.

615's Four for the Playoff: Tupelo, Clinton, Madison Central, Starkville. I think Starkville runs the table from here on and slips into the playoff. Jackets have zero room for error - Germantown/Grenada winner is next up.

Region 3

Brandon is ranked No. 1 in the state and rightfully so. They have dominated a tough schedule - winning games against Oxford, Clinton and Madison Central. They have already beaten Warren Central, but still have games with Northwest Rankin and Oak Grove. Region 3's playoff picture is pretty set. It will likely be those four teams in some order.

615's Four for the Playoff: Brandon, Oak Grove, Warren Central, Northwest Rankin

Region 4

The highest scoring team in 6A football? Undefeated Ocean Springs. But they have a huge challenge in front of them on October 28 at home against Gulfport. Biloxi and Harrison Central are third and fourth, respectively, but watch out for 4-3 Hancock. They've already faced both OS and Gulfport - they could find themselves in the running for the No. 4 spot.

615's Four for the Playoff: Ocean Springs, Gulfport, Biloxi, Hancock.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Brandon is known for choking and underperforming, but Sam Williams has changed that. I think they'll take it this year.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Brandon is known for choking and underperforming, but Sam Williams has changed that. I think they'll take it this year.
They have played all the teams they usually choke on except Oak Grove. If they don't face them, I think they could win it all. Something different about this team. The fans, student body and coaches have been anticipating this senior class since they were 7th graders. From my understanding the Sophomore class might be better.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login