7-5 or 6-6 successful?

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Will you consider a 7-5 or 6-6 with another loss to Ole Ms a successful year for Leach? Personally I looked at 5-7 or 6-6 record for this year for several reasons. This type offense in this league will not make you a consistent winner, O-line is weak, QB play with Rogers is to inconsistent and at times just not good, tough schedule, good defense but lacks speed and finally coaching. This isn’t a “I hate Leach thread”, just asking for opinions.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Will you consider a 7-5 or 6-6 with another loss to Ole Ms a successful year for Leach? Personally I looked at 5-7 or 6-6 record for this year for several reasons. This type offense in this league will not make you a consistent winner, O-line is weak, QB play with Rogers is to inconsistent and at times just not good, tough schedule, good defense but lacks speed and finally coaching. This isn’t a “I hate Leach thread”, just asking for opinions.

I'll take 7 with this schedule and not be extremely disappointed.

SEC is a line of scrimmage league. If Leach ever got 4* OL like he's landing QBs we'd be cooking with grease!

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
State has one of the hardest schedules in the country this season. Going 7-5 is a successful season.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
7 will be above my preseason expectations. I don’t think we win he Egg Bowl, but 0-3 is unacceptable.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
5-6 wins. Y’all can be satisfied with passing the our head coach 1 million dollars per win. Good gig.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
No I would not consider that a success. 6-6, 7-5 with an egg bowl loss would cause a lot of fans to just check out. At some point he needs to show that he can take the next step.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
6-6 (OM win ...ok but meh). 7-5 (OM win... ok good).

Either with a OM loss ..... sucks. Why? Because it effects recruiting of players and the overall student body.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
So let's break this down. 7-5 would essentially mean losing to LSU, Bama, and UGA, and then going 3-2 against the Ark, Aub, UK, A&M and OM group. It's hard for me to call a 3-5 SEC record successful, but I'd say it's acceptable.

People need to get outta here with 6-6 though. I get that we picked up UGA this year which makes this one of the most difficult conference schedules in the country, but we also have as close to a gimmie non-con schedule that we're every going to have, and going 2-6 in our conference slate will nothing less than a major disappointment with this junior/senior heavy roster. If that's seriously the best we can do after 3 years of Leach getting his guys in place and installing the air raid, then that's about as much proof as we're ever gonna get that this experiment isn't going to work

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login