#7 on most expensive game day list.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Full article.... Not sure this is the most "scientific" study, but it will piss "some" off that we are labeled as more expensive.

"At Mississippi State, expect cowbells and cheap(ish) concessions. The Bulldogs reside in the SEC, meaning there are plenty of intriguing games played at Davis Wade Stadium each season. Two tickets are an average of $170, while parking is $40. Two beers cost about $16, two sodas are $6 and two hot dogs are $4. Davis Wade Stadium is the second smallest listed in the top 10, holding 61,337, but you wouldn't guess that by the noise."

Reactions: Darryl Steight

patdog

May 28, 2007
Full article.... Not sure this is the most "scientific" study, but it will piss "some" off that we are labeled as more expensive.

"At Mississippi State, expect cowbells and cheap(ish) concessions. The Bulldogs reside in the SEC, meaning there are plenty of intriguing games played at Davis Wade Stadium each season. Two tickets are an average of $170, while parking is $40. Two beers cost about $16, two sodas are $6 and two hot dogs are $4. Davis Wade Stadium is the second smallest listed in the top 10, holding 61,337, but you wouldn't guess that by the noise."
I’m calling fake news on the average ticket prices. And on us being in the top 20 priciest schools for a football game.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

That is one of the dumbest things I have read. They randomly include 2 beers for six of the teams but not the other 4. Science!!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Does it really cost $40 to park? Where? The last game I went to, I'm pretty sure I parked in a field a short walk from the stadium for free.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Nebraska, Georgia, Clemson, and Notre Dame don't sell beer at their stadiums.
Then don’t include it as a price point on the other six. UGA is 200 plus 20 to park and 10 for hot dogs annd sodas. Which gives us $230.
State is 170 for plus 40 for parking, 16 for beer 6 for soda and 4 for hot dogs. So we are ranked higher because the “writer” randomly adds beers to some teams.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
No way we are in the top 10 and Alabama isn't.

maybe they're using ticket office prices... but I would imagine with donations, Alabama is more expensive.

A quick check of stubhub. cheapest ticket for the following games ...

Alabama v
Texas $289
OM $180
Tennessee $240
LSU $150

State v
AZ $10
LSU $44
Alabama $71
OM $55

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Does it really cost $40 to park? Where? The last game I went to, I'm pretty sure I parked in a field a short walk from the stadium for free.
I always park for free. You just have to be willing to walk. Of course, it's not acceptable for most people, but of course when you see the whining about temperatures and such, it's more understandable.

I'd splurge for $10 for some of the lots, but I haven't done that yet. $30? I'm not paying that to park, that's highway robbery. I'd rather pay an Uber driver for actually doing something.

Now, if you're tailgating, that's a different animal. Hard to not do a parking pass or whatever.

Reactions: Dawgg

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
This could be very true. Went to “The Joe” to watch a baseball game in Tuscaloosa. Parked across the street from the stadium FOR FREE and sat behind First base. Ticket $9.00. I told the lady at Bama’s guest services that “something is wrong in Starkville.” The only negative was driving through Gordo and Reform speed traps on the return trip.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The sad thing about that chitty article is 247 ran with it. They've got CL type editors approving Saturday Down South Type articles. That network needs some new management.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Has to be ticket office pricing. I know georgia tix are hard to come by for anything close to that pricing. Better yet, it's likely a phone survey of pricing and no one bothered to check.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
GA sho dun got proud of theyselves. Pd $75 a seat in nosebleeds a few years ago when State went out there & got hammered. This yr when om goes out, they already $178 cheap seats! :-0

kphall11

Apr 8, 2013
Then don’t include it as a price point on the other six. UGA is 200 plus 20 to park and 10 for hot dogs annd sodas. Which gives us $230.
State is 170 for plus 40 for parking, 16 for beer 6 for soda and 4 for hot dogs. So we are ranked higher because the “writer” randomly adds beers to some teams.
Went to Georgia in 2017 and it was 40 to park everywhere. Most expensive parking I’ve seen. I wouldn’t read too much into this list.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login