96’ Final Four, the MOB, turnovers.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I knew in the first possession when after he threw the ball into the crowd on an allyoop attempt, he immediately on the next possession allowed his pocket picked, but we got bailed out with a cheap foul called on Syracuse. Then right down the court he threw the ball into crowd over the head of Wilson. I knew we were in trouble. Little did I know…

Reactions: onewoof

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Tie game at half time, with us having 14 TO’s to their 1. With Bullock accounting to probably 10 of those.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
What evidence is there that he threw the game? Just that he played bad? He wasn't the first or last point guard to struggle against the unique Syracuse defense in the NCAA tournament. Did all those other point guards throw the game? Seems like if it was that obvious the coach should have taken him out.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If that crazy rumor is true, it would be the most Mississippi State thing ever. We make our first ever Final Four, and our point guard throws the game to pay off gambling debts.

Reactions: bulldoghair

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Cried in my seats telling my friends we would never be back…. And Kentucky fans wanted no part of us in the finals… **** Bullard… Hope he is having fun in prison…

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Cried in my seats telling my friends we would never be back…. And Kentucky fans wanted no part of us in the finals… **** Bullard… Hope he is having fun in prison…
He doesn’t show to be on the MDOC Inmate Search. You may want to watch out, you might get pistol whupped.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
3 of the criminal’s turnovers with under 2:00 left to play in the first half. Still despite him, his teammates are keeping us in it with a tie game at the half. We were so good that year.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
2nd half, tie game 42-42, we have a fast break, about to go back up, he throws another easy pass away. Then the very next full possession, Bullock with another turnover.
19-2 turnover margin, and we’re only down 44-42 at this point.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
He threw one pass 10 rows into the stands.

edit. Oops I saw you mentioned that.
If you know, you know. Then once you see it, you can’t unsee it. His timing, amount of, and egregiousness of turnovers make your stomach turn. Maybe if we weren’t in New York and playing Syracuse while there, who knows, things and people might have had a different outcome, with regards to things outside basketball. It’s sad really

Last edited:
Reactions: josebrown

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm willing to bet that a KY booster got to him and paid him. Just speculation. KY didn't want to play us again the the finals.

Reactions: PBDog

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I'm willing to bet that a KY booster got to him and paid him. Just speculation. KY didn't want to play us again the the finals.
Maybe. But more speculation leans toward the MOB or someone like that. And with it being in New York and playing Syracuse there, that makes more sense.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Maybe. But more speculation leans toward the MOB or someone like that. And with it being in New York and playing Syracuse there, that makes more sense.
Whoever it may have been, KY benefited. Possibly Syracuse. Possibly just someone with a large bet on that single game.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
48-44 Syracuse, #3 with the rebound easily going off his knee, put back Syracuse. Then with 4 minutes left and Syracuse now up 6, we’re on a fast break, Wilson makes a perfect pass to #3 and he easily drops it, leading then back to a fast break 3 pointer by Syracuse, going up by 9 then. Game looking to be securely in hand.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
48-44 Syracuse, #3 with the rebound easily going off his knee, put back Syracuse. Then with 4 minutes left and Syracuse now up 6, we’re on a fast break, Wilson makes a perfect pass to #3 and he easily drops it, leading then back to a fast break 3 pointer by Syracuse, going up by 9 then. Game looking to be securely in hand.
i remember his teammates being so disappointed in him - they knew but a POS will always be a POS. you can’t change them

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
#3 Bullock was got too, and threw that game.
Congrats on having 9 posts in a 27 post thread….hope you’re thoroughly enjoying this conversation with yourself about a game from 30 years ago which you seemingly remember every tiny detail except the name of the player you’re talking about.

17ing troll.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I have a crazy theory. Hear me out. It may have something to do with the fact that Bullard was a 2 playing the 1. Anyone who watched him all year saw this. His assist to TO ratio was basically 1/1 and he shot 40% from 3.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login