A bit of baseball trivia we may all have been better off not knowing.

patdog

May 28, 2007
DID YOU KNOW?: The Seattle Mariners have the same number of playoff appearances in their 47-year history (five) as ruptured testicles suffered by their players. In 1980, Mariners pitcher Mike Parrott (pictured) took a comebacker off the bat of Minnesota SS Roy Smalley...directly in the stuff. Not to be out-done, in 1997 another Seattle pitcher, Josias Manzanillo stopped a Manny Ramirez liner with his cup. Ramirez claimed both of Manzanillo's marbles with one shot. By then, it seems that either there was a bounty on Mariners players giblets or they were inviting it. Because in 2009, 3B Adrian Beltre reportedly was not wearing a cup when Alexei Ramirez of the White Sox took a crack at him. Beltre must have pivoted just right to deflect the ball off just one of them, but left un-helmeted, that was bad enough. Beltre was a stud, though, and stayed in the game. And finally, if it weren't evident enough that this were some kind of weird contest among Mariners players, in 2019 outfielder Mitch Haniger took matters into his own umm...hands...and fouled off a pitch hitting himself in the lower Pacific Northwest.
Meanwhile the Mariners, 1995-2022 have three ALCS losses and two in the Division Series under their belts.

1696529992865.png

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m almost scared to ask but what could you have possibly typed in Google to find that information?
Not to worry, it randomly showed up on my Facebook feed. But now that I think about it, why did THAT show up? Maybe I should worry.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Been kicked in the nuts lately? Facebook is listening to everything.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
In similar history, Mississippi State has the same number of College World Series championships as players who got their ankle ruptured in a CWS game.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
To tell you how much FB is listening to you. Yesterday I went to a buddies house to drop off some stuff he needed to borrow. We were standing at my tailgate talking about just random stuff. He said that he had found a used mini excavator that he would like to have. My phone was in the truck laying on the console, windows open because it was a nice day. I didn’t search anything about mini exes or even mention the conversation again. I open FB last night and I’m seeing adds for the specific model he mentioned. I open Marketplace and every fifth listing is a mini ex for sale. It’s kinda scary.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login