A few thoughts to wrap up 2023

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
  • I'm not really excited short-term about Bulldog football. It seems that the general "state of play" just does not favor us, and obviously it's a bad time for a rebuild. A part of me wishes they'd go ahead and do whatever this super conference is gonna be, State gets relegated, and we can be pretty good in "Div 1-AA 2.0". Attending the games themselves anymore is about like going to a MLM seminar, in that it feels more about money than fun.
  • I like the trend with Jans. I have no idea if we're any good or not right now, but we're headed in a good place. I wish we hadn't lonnie tinkle'd the Hump renovation.
  • Hugh's Burner Phone is gonna be a solid replacement for IMPP.
  • I quit drinking booze in 2023; my off-switch was malfunctioning too often. I've certainly missed it here and there, especially during these holidays, but zero part of me misses feeling like **** in the morning. Then again, if it were easy, we'd call it lane kiffen's mom.
  • Have we ever had an impending technology that produces as much dread as AI?
  • Happened to land on a couple episodes of The Nanny the other day; I don't recall Fran Drescher being considered hot? Obv her voice is annoying, but she is NOT hard on the eyes.
    1704042386178.jpeg
  • Happy New Year's Dawgs - here's to a healthy & happy 2024

Attachments

• 1704042318751.jpeg
    1704042318751.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: RopeDawg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I don't tend to agree but I'm curious why you think this? Lot's of universities don't compete in the upper level of football, and goodness knows our identity isn't tied to football success.
College isn’t about education. It’s about experience. And we will lose kids in droves to Bama, LSU, OM, etc that we used to get. Kids will want to go somewhere to see the highest level of football and be a part of that experience. Being in the sec and being inexpensive is a huge huge part of our draw.

And We have had a pretty damn solid program since 2009. This woe is us mentality is part of what’s held us back. And needs to be eradicated. Run everyone out of stark with that mentality. Same with the school.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I agree 100% with your first bullet. I have gotten tired of watching other teams buy championships each year. We've arrived at the point where you have to decide if its worth giving until it hurts or use the money on your family. Easy choice for me!

Jans and Purcell are doing good work. We will find out how good next month.

What will happen to the stock market when they turn on all these AI investing systems? Will it boom or bust?

I tried to watch the Nanny because of her but I quit because of her.

Reactions: dorndawg and patdog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don't tend to agree but I'm curious why you think this? Lot's of universities don't compete in the upper level of football, and goodness knows our identity isn't tied to football success.
Just look at the money we would sacrifice.

Reactions: dorndawg

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
I hung up drinking in 2020. Only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. Really opens your eyes to how much life is wasted on being wasted.

Reactions: dorndawg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
meh, I doubt the drop would be anything significant. There are a lot of kids that go to State right now for reasons other than football.

I have two different groups of friends that are lsu fans and their kids go to State. They (kids and parents) dressed in yellow and purple for the game this year.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
  • I'm not really excited short-term about Bulldog football. It seems that the general "state of play" just does not favor us, and obviously it's a bad time for a rebuild. A part of me wishes they'd go ahead and do whatever this super conference is gonna be, State gets relegated, and we can be pretty good in "Div 1-AA 2.0". Attending the games themselves anymore is about like going to a MLM seminar, in that it feels more about money than fun.
Agree, and it's getting harder and harder to care. My give a shlt meter plummeted when Leach died. I hold out hope that Lebby is like Leach, has an offensive system that can be replicated, and can control the program, but I have my doubts. But yes, I do wish there was an element of finality so we can just accept it, or not.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If bullet one happens you can shut the doors to the university.
That won’t happen. But if it did, we’d wind up in a conference something like this:

West - MSU, Miss, Ark, Mizzou, Vandy, Kentucky, Memphis, Tulane
East - UCF, GA Tech, South Carolina, NC St, Wake Forest, Duke, Louisville, East Carolina

That’s a pretty attractive conference. Would get a decent media deal & draw fans. And we’d be competitive.

Reactions: Maroon13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That won’t happen. But if it did, we’d wind up in a conference something like this:

West - MSU, Miss, Ark, Mizzou, Vandy, Kentucky, Memphis, Tulane
East - UCF, GA Tech, South Carolina, NC St, Wake Forest, Duke, Louisville, East Carolina

That’s a pretty attractive conference. Would get a decent media deal & draw fans. And we’d be competitive.
I'm in the middle on this issue. For the longest time, our only real drawing card was that we were an SEC team and accessible to the players that the big boys didn't want. Not to mention the money. Take that away, and what will we become? Again, remember that we can't even get our logo correct. And this extends to student recruiting too.

But I also see your point about being competitive. And I also don't think we will fold up shop if we left the SEC. We'd survive.

Reactions: patdog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
meh, I doubt the drop would be anything significant. There are a lot of kids that go to State right now for reasons other than football.

I have two different groups of friends that are lsu fans and their kids go to State. They (kids and parents) dressed in yellow and purple for the game this year.
But Bama has grown their enrollment by like 60% since Saban got there. That’s not a coincidence. It’s really really important.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login