A heartfelt thanks

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Just wanted to share the news that as of this afternoon our chase team YouTube page hit 1,000 subscribers so a major milestone on being able to monetize the channel has been accomplished. Only one that remains is getting our view time up. So if y'all find yourself bored during this lull in MSU sports go over and watch a couple videos. I do recommend the five part series on everything you wanted to know about severe weather. All are under 20 minutes but I think provide some worthwhile information. Especially the last few. I realize I have a voice tailor made for silent movies but I did put a lot of work into getting them made. And as always, if there are any topics you'd like to see covered let me know.

But again, from all of us at North MS Storm Chasers and Spotters...thank you. You've brought us one step closer to being able to make a little coin doing what we love and trying to provide critical information in times of severe weather.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Next milestone should be 4,000 minutes of viewership I believe, correct?

All are under 20 minutes

I watched a Youtube video by a consultant not long ago talking about this subject. They were saying the sweet spot for getting most views is in the 6-8 minute length. Really short videos are often perceived to be not informative, less info, not reliable, etc. Long videos are less likely to be viewed to the end, well, because they're long. It was saying its better to put out more 6-8 minutes and get lots of hits and complete views rather than long ones which don't get completely viewed and less likely to get a "Like" at the end because nobody is watching at that point and the "Likes" are very important to the payment matrix too. Good Luck

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Next milestone should be 4,000 minutes of viewership I believe, correct?

I watched a Youtube video by a consultant not long ago talking about this subject. They were saying the sweet spot for getting most views is in the 6-8 minute length. Really short videos are often perceived to be not informative, less info, not reliable, etc. Long videos are less likely to be viewed to the end, well, because they're long. It was saying its better to put out more 6-8 minutes and get lots of hits and complete views rather than long ones which don't get completely viewed and less likely to get a "Like" at the end because nobody is watching at that point and the "Likes" are very important to the payment matrix too. Good Luck

It's 4,000 something. Not sure if hours or minutes. Whatever they are we're at 179 so we really got to get the views up. But we cleared the first hurdle and that was the 1,000 subscriptions. Now to work on the second.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I'm playing your entire catalog of videos on mute in another tab. MS weather doesn't directly affect me, but figured this could help you out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login