A little bit of a rooting guide for NET help

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Step 1 - win as many games as we can. Got it.

There are a few teams we've played who are near the borderline between two NET quadrants. Would be nice to see some of those move to better quadrants for our overall profile.
  • Northwestern is 55. We beat them on a neutral so if they can get to 50 or higher, that becomes a Q1 win.
  • Georgia Tech is 145. That's a Q3 loss. To get it into Q2, we need to see them climb to 135.
  • Missouri is right behind them at 146, so that makes our road win over them Q3. Same as Ga Tech, we need them to be at least 135 so it could be a Q2 win.
  • And then there is Ole Miss. They are 68. I know it's hard to want them to ever win, but the loss in Oxford is Q1. For it to stay there, we need them to remain better than 75. Similarly, the win two nights ago is a Q2 win but if they drop below 75 it becomes Q3. They have some winnable games left. Winning two should be enough to hold serve in the top 75. HTGAWTHAW?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I’d also add Kentucky to the list. They are 24, need them to stay in the Top 30 so that our game on Tuesday remains Q1.

Reactions: DawgatAuburn

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’d also add Kentucky to the list. They are 24, need them to stay in the Top 30 so that our game on Tuesday remains Q1.

Not sure you saw but wanted your thoughts on this in another thread:

People are giving the SEC credit for being a tough league. With Ole Miss and TxAm faultering down the stretch. You think the SEC only gets 7 teams in? Or you think we get an 8th just for sheer league strength?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Not sure you saw but wanted your thoughts on this in another thread:

People are giving the SEC credit for being a tough league. With Ole Miss and TxAm faultering down the stretch. You think the SEC only gets 7 teams in? Or you think we get an 8th just for sheer league strength?
Texas A&M is an interesting case. They have six quad 1 wins, which is incredible. But they also have four quad 3 losses, which is very bad. I think they will still get in if they can win three more games, but if they keep sliding, they will play their way out.

Reactions: stateu1

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Texas A&M is an interesting case. They have six quad 1 wins, which is incredible. But they also have four quad 3 losses, which is very bad. I think they will still get in if they can win three more games, but if they keep sliding, they will play their way out.
Right and if they go 2-3 down the stretch they are 17-14. Net probably in the same area... if they go 3-2, that probably not going to move the needle much either.

They seem to be the next team in from the SEC. But I think its a reach at the moment. But flip side is, our league is very tough this season. At least at the top half. Hard to see it being a 7 bid league.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I actually don't want OM to go O'fer. I want them to win just enough to be the last team left out of the field. I want every pundit predicting that they get in then I want them to be left out unexpectedly. That would bring me joy.

If that can't be guaranteed, I hope they love 150-0 each game.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
We really need to pick up the win at LSU. Their remaining schedule is crazy easy. There’s a very good chance that if they win tomorrow they finish ahead of us in the standings.

they don’t have the resume for the tournament but finishing behind them in the league is not good optics for us.

if we were to drop one of the remaining road games I’d rather it be A&M

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
We really need to pick up the win at LSU. Their remaining schedule is crazy easy. There’s a very good chance that if they win tomorrow they finish ahead of us in the standings.

they don’t have the resume for the tournament but finishing behind them in the league is not good optics for us.

if we were to drop one of the remaining road games I’d rather it be A&M
Earlier in the week I posted that there were only two teams in the top 60ish of the NET with just one road win - us and Nebraska. Then Nebraska went to Bloomington and blew out Indiana. Now in the top 66 it's us at 36 and Virginia Tech at 51, and the Hokies don't really have a tournament resume to speak of. It's a nitpick on our resume, but one that could be helped with a win tomorrow night.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Update 3/2

Northwestern is 48. Need them to stay there. Home game today against a decent Iowa team (60).

Georgia Tech is up to 139 with a winnable home game against Florida State (90) today.

Missouri is 148 and needs to find a win somewhere, maybe two. They have Ole Miss at home today.

Bears are down to 78. A road win today at Missouri would probably get them back in the top 75.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Update 3/2

Northwestern is 48. Need them to stay there. Home game today against a decent Iowa team (60).

Georgia Tech is up to 139 with a winnable home game against Florida State (90) today.

Missouri is 148 and needs to find a win somewhere, maybe two. They have Ole Miss at home today.

Bears are down to 78. A road win today at Missouri would probably get them back in the top 75.
We certainly can’t lose out and make the tourney. No excuse to not have beaten Kentucky at home. Must get the USC game and they seem to be better than UK.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login