A lot of you

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Need to be talked off the ledge. Dawgs are going 8-4 next year and no one will remember very much about tonight. Calm down. Would you rather be in Auburn’s position or ours? Call me optimistic, but if Leach can win 11 at Wazzu, why can’t things work here? Never thought that we would live and die week to week like we have this season.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
ALL college football fans live and die with their teams "week to week". It really gets old with some of you trying to single out our fan as being odd compared to the rest of college football fans...we're not. ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL FAN BASES ARE QUIRKY AND CRAZY...get over yourselves.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
depends on your definition of 'WORK'. If you expect a 20+ year coach to win about 55% of his games just like he has done his entire career including win some that he shouldn't win and lose some that he shouldn't lose... yeah, it will work for him here. Especially when you factor in that he only needs to win 4 (should be) gimmies per year and going 2-6 in conf is 'working'...

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
depends on your definition of 'WORK'. If you expect a 20+ year coach to win about 55% of his games just like he has done his entire career including win some that he shouldn't win and lose some that he shouldn't lose... yeah, it will work for him here. Especially when you factor in that he only needs to win 4 (should be) gimmies per year and going 2-6 in conf is 'working'...

We won 4 SEC games with a mediocre team this year that took a leap from awful in 2020.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
This is a 5-7 team at best with Will Rogers at QB next year. He has no vision, no arm, and no elusiveness.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Yep, I see 5 maybe 6 wins total. Even applying the "he wins some he shouldn't and loses some he shouldn't" principle, I don't see more than 6 unless the receivers learn to catch on a consistent basis and the OL gets their heads out of their asses but if last night was any indication for the future I'm not optimistic

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Need to be talked off the ledge. Dawgs are going 8-4 next year and no one will remember very much about tonight. Calm down. Would you rather be in Auburn’s position or ours? Call me optimistic, but if Leach can win 11 at Wazzu, why can’t things work here? Never thought that we would live and die week to week like we have this season.

Go down next year's schedule and find me 8 wins. I predict 6-6. But I also thought we'd beat Memphis and LSU this year. And we all know how that turned out. So it could be 4-8

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Gonna save this post for those saying we are going 8-4.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
I think you are seeing how mediocre most of the SEC was right now... and how that leap wasn't really much of a leap... Felt like a lot of Dan Mullen wins and a lot of Dan Mullen drubbings but throw in a loss to Memphis...

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Go down next year's schedule and find me 8 wins. I predict 6-6. But I also thought we'd beat Memphis and LSU this year. And we all know how that turned out. So it could be 4-8

I thought we’d beat Memphis and LSU. However, I thought we’d lose to AU and A&M so….

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dawgs are going 8-4 next year

No. We're not. We'll be within 1 game in either direction of 6-6.
Would you rather be in Auburn’s position or ours?
The answer to that question is always, we'd rather be in Auburn's position than ours. With the resources they have and the talent they can recruit, even a bad coach can have some pretty good seasons.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I agree. I’m not at sky is falling yet but it’s gonna be tough. The good news is our power 5 team was garbage this year. Auburn looks shaky at QB, Ole Miss will drop off a little, and we can flip Arkansas. But KY will be tough and we are flipping Vandy for UGA.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Look at next years schedule, please.

I frankly don’t think it’s THAT much different from our typical schedule. Everyone is freaking out about replacing Vandy with Georgia but ignoring that our OOC schedule is easier and the West outside of Bama doesn’t look very daunting next year. We have a ton of toss ups again, just like this year, and your mileage may vary on how you expect those to go. Bama and Georgia are the only sure losses IMO, and even with Georgia I’m willing to wait and see. They lose a lot after this year and we did give them fits in Athens a year ago.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
No. We're not. We'll be within 1 game in either direction of 6-6.

Why? Its an even numbered year which means Ark, A&M, and Auburn at home. Those along with OM are our “swing games” every year. All winnable…won 2 of them this year and got completely screwed in the 3rd when they were all on the road. UK and OM on the road are winnable….OM will take a step back after losing Corral. Arizona on the road is winnable. LSU on the road is probably winnable… who knows what they will look like in year 1 of Kelly with another new QB.

Win 5 of those 7 winnable games (with a team that brings back almost everyone on offense) and beat the 3 patsies, and we are 8-4. Create a little more margin for ourselves if we somehow upset UGA at home….and they are losing a **** ton of talent after this year too. I’m not saying it definitely happens, but I’d give it a 50% chance. I bet Vegas sets the O/U on win total at 7.5.

Last edited:

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
I can save you some trouble and worry about that UGA game next year if you want... It's a loss.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
That's why you schedule some easy, non-conference wins. Memphis was supposed to be one of those and La Tech was supposed to be an easy win as well.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
The SEC is mediocre this year

We won 4 SEC games with a mediocre team this year that took a leap from awful in 2020.

Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss because of Corral, and some other teams that are similar in talent and are capable of beating each other and losing to each other.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I can save you some trouble and worry about that UGA game next year if you want... It's a loss.

The same was said about A&M and Auburn this year, and LSU in 2020. It’s far more likely that we lose than we win but you can’t totally rule it out given Leach’s track record,

Aug 22, 2012
Yep, I see 5 maybe 6 wins total. Even applying the "he wins some he shouldn't and loses some he shouldn't" principle, I don't see more than 6 unless the receivers learn to catch on a consistent basis and the OL gets their heads out of their asses but if last night was any indication for the future I'm not optimistic

A lot of you didn’t see us winning as many as we won this year so maybe let’s factor that in.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
Again, I can save you the effort. WE WILL NOT BEAT UGA NEXT YEAR. Write it in blood. mark it down. make a bet. Pick the amount. I am good for it.

aTm, Auburn, LSU in 2020 are not UGA...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This is a 5-7 team at best with Will Rogers at QB next year. He has no vision, no arm, and no elusiveness.

View attachment 23429

Yeah that sounds like a QB who had these stats this year. You guys just keep on spewing stupid so we know which posters have even an ounce of brain cells

ETA: 75% completion rating as well.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Look at next years schedule, please.

We don't necessarily know it yet. Texas, Oklahoma, and the SEC all desperately want a 16 team conference next year and are trying to make it happen, which would throw out the schedules that have been released.

We may not even play Alabama or Georgia next year.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
A lot of you didn’t see us winning as many as we won this year so maybe let’s factor that in.

LOL do what? You should really consider going back and looking at the preseason threads. There were very few suggesting anything under 8 wins.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I don’t know where they will get four conference wins. They could maybe beat Auburn, Kentucky, and Ole Miss but I don’t see another one you can feel confident about. State has been out recruited by everyone except Ole Miss and Vandy so there no reason to believe they will make up ground in talent.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login