A positive baseball post...

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Throw out the Forsythe kid's numbers and it's even more noteworthy.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Throw out the Forsythe kid's numbers and it's even more noteworthy.
And even he looked really good in his 1st outing. It was just his appearance vs ULM where he was brought in in a tough spot and struggled:

1677167587843.png

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I would add power hitting 1 thru 8 in the lineup. Granted the pitching we have faced is not SEC level, but we are getting lots of extra base hits, including some absolute bombs, like the ones that Alford and Jordan hit yesterday. And Kellum Clark's out of the park smash the other day.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
I would add power hitting 1 thru 8 in the lineup. Granted the pitching we have faced is not SEC level, but we are getting lots of extra base hits, including some absolute bombs, like the ones that Alford and Jordan hit yesterday. And Kellum Clark's out of the park smash the other day.

I don't see how anyone can have any grips about the lineup so far. We're averaging 10+ runs per game and are doing that with arguably our best hitter (Hunter Hines) off to a slow start. The runs will come and I dont think the defense is as bad as it's shown so far. Pitching is easily the biggest concern but seeing these freshman show out gives me hope that we can piece together an acceptable staff by the end of the season (assuming we stay healthy).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login