About Kentucky's regional.....

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
As long as they're not putting them up in Dugger type dorms, this seems like a good deal, close to the ball park, etc.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Surprised NCAA will let UK get away w/ that. If you submit a bid it should include minimum necessities and hotels would seem to be in that category. Although, a couple years ago Starkville was hosting a little league or travel league tournament during a Regional or Super

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We couldn’t host the 2018 Super Regional with Vandy because of no hotel rooms due to travel ball tournament.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Surprised NCAA will let UK get away w/ that. If you submit a bid it should include minimum necessities and hotels would seem to be in that category. Although, a couple years ago Starkville was hosting a little league or travel league tournament during a Regional or Super

Bids are submitted months before the sites are selected. Lexington KY is a massive city with plenty of hotels. No way they didn’t meet the criteria. The rooms simply existing is the criteria….that’s it. Schools are not responsible for blocking off rooms themselves, and they can’t control what other events are happening.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Do we really submit bids still ?
I thought the top 16 schools as selected by the baseball committee automatically hosted unless some circumstance prevented it.
I guess having no hotels rooms within 100 miles would count as such but I guess not ?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Do we really submit bids still ?
I thought the top 16 schools as selected by the baseball committee automatically hosted unless some circumstance prevented it.
I guess having no hotels rooms within 100 miles would count as such but I guess not ?
Of course bids are submitted. The fact is that the regional games force many schools (even MSU) to take a financial loss when accounting for all the things that have to be done by the school to prepare. And that loss is a big one for non-SEC schools or schools that can’t sell a ton of tickets….even if it’s an elite team having a great year. The NCAA can’t just force any school to take on that loss.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We couldn’t host the 2018 Super Regional with Vandy because of no hotel rooms due to travel ball tournament.

We could have hosted and bid to do so. My understanding was they picked Vandy due to them sweeping us in the regular season. Can’t say that’s not fair.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We could have hosted and bid to do so. My understanding was they picked Vandy due to them sweeping us in the regular season. Can’t say that’s not fair.

They swept us in the regular season, and also were awarded a “higher” 2-seed than we were…..as they were in a non-national seed regional whereas we were at #7 national seed FSU. So it was very much merit based.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Dude, we're about the only program that follows the rules. We follow rules, self report, self impose, we're just good little soldiers that jump on the grenades.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Maybe Cohen can ask Selmon to loan them those two mobile homes sitting at the end of the South End Zone. ***********

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login