ACC against expanding CFP.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
"Phillips said with the NCAA about to embark on a transformation of Division I" - is there some announced plan?

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Estimated $1 Billion in additional revenue per year. It’s going to happen.

But until it does, I guess we can enjoy the SEC having 50% of the playoff teams most years and all that comes along with that. Eventually the other conferences are going to realize that expansion is their only chance to have a shot at competing for NC’s at all. Looking at you, Pac 12 and Big 12 (and most of the ACC).

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I don’t think anyone is really in favor of it as far as conferences go.

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
The ACC has two agendas here:

1. To try & get Notre Dame into it's conference

2. To prevent the SEC from poaching it's schools. An expanded playoff enhances the chances that the SEC poaches a few ACC teams

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
damn, I do not like what I'm reading from Sankey on changing the clock rules. Sounds like if we get expansion, we are going to get less plays per game and more commercials like the NFL.

It's all about the freaking $$$. If they cared about the sport, they would eliminate conference championship games and expand to 16 teams.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
damn, I do not like what I'm reading from Sankey on changing the clock rules. Sounds like if we get expansion, we are going to get less plays per game and more commercials like the NFL.

It's all about the freaking $$$. If they cared about the sport, they would eliminate conference championship games and expand to 16 teams.
Agree completely. I'm telling you, we have spineless, self-absorbed leaders in many areas right now and NCAA sports is no exception. They absolutely have NO IDEA how to see the big picture, and only care about short-term money grabs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login